New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
it's sad to watch the free fall of the Sixers without Embiid. It shows his worth BUT once again this is a team sport and there must always be a player ready to step in and take control. I haven't seen that with the Sixers,. Embiid has stated he intends on returning before the season is over and with his presence the Sixers could do what the Lakers did last year

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I didn't see the game yesterday as we were In a plane coming home from the East Coast. There is now an obvious run to the finish. lie by the Nuggs as they have been a power house lately. And yes a 7 game series does separate the men from the boys.

To me Jokic is the perennial MVP and he is an amazing player to watch. I marvel at his buzzer beater 3 point high arcing shots that start with both hands way above his head which is indefensible by ay player in the league. It seems that the ball is always a rainbow shot which reaches the height of the upper deck only to fall straight through the net without touching iron. I have always felt that it would be between the Nuggets and the Celtics. I hope coach Joe learned some things from this game but remember this was an away game for the Celts. They are almost perfect at home and if they continue to play the way they are they should certainly be the #1 seed which gives them the extra game should it go 7 games. Only problem is Denver can win anywhere. In spite of all of this, a pesky team like OKC and sometimes the Wolves can run circles around Denver, But if Jokic, Murray and Porter Jr are on their game they are in fact unbeatable

Something just came into my mind. Could Shaquille stop the Joker? :)

• Haha
Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

this says it all about Tatum in clutch situations

Jayson Tatum off mark in clutch as Celtics fall to Nuggets

Steve Williams

that would be the irresistible force vs the immoveable object :p

Jokic is creating his own legacy as one of the greatest centers in league history

• Haha

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
this says it all about Tatum in clutch situations

Jayson Tatum off mark in clutch as Celtics fall to Nuggets

I hate to sound like a parrot , but I've seen a lot of articles and talk shows blasting Tatum.

Steve Williams

the other unknown for me is Sacramento . They continue to beat all of the best teams but are never consistent. I think they lack one more strong player and they too will be a perennial contender.

So many good teams always result n surprises in the playoffs and every ow and again a Cinderella team such as the Lakers or the Heat emerge from the Play in round and end up in the conference finals. But like Lakers learned last year, Cinderella's coach turned into a pumpkin at midnight as the Nuggs swept the Lakers

I suppose the Celtics biggest worry would be to face the Heat once again as Miami is now in the 6th spot in the East

Steve Williams

I hate to sound like a parrot , but I've seen a lot of articles and talk shows blasting Tatum.
true butTatum takes the criticism well and always tries to become better BUT his achilles tendon is his inability to close out teams in clutch situations

Steve Williams

this is a good read about the Wolves who in the past three years have become true contenders

For the Minnesota Timberwolves, winning finally feels real

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
As I checked in scoreboard, can't help but notice the Nuggets' bench came through, doubling the output of the bench of Celtics. Who is this guy Watson of the Nuggets? Scored 11 points. Productive bench always win games.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
true butTatum takes the criticism well and always tries to become better BUT his achilles tendon is his inability to close out teams in clutch situations
Second year coach Joe better have other options for a closer. Plus the defense already knows Tatum will dribble out the time and take the last shot, the defense would have already settled and give him a tough look, as in the ending of the Cavs game. Too cliché.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
When it's all over, I will only remember Tatum's poster dunk over a blocking LeBron during his rookie year, unless he wins a title.:D

Steve Williams

I feel your anxiety Phil but to put it to rest for a moment here is a summary of the Vegas odds makers...Having said that I remember years ago when a football coach made comment that "statistics are for losers"

Reactions: jadis

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Orlando and first 2 years at the Lakers Shaq maybe. He still had crazy mobility. I don't think the bulked up Shaq could get out on the perimeter quick enough to bother the Joker Rainbow.

Steve Williams

The Orlando and first 2 years at the Lakers Shaq maybe. He still had crazy mobility. I don't think the bulked up Shaq could get out on the perimeter quick enough to bother the Joker Rainbow.
But Jokic has yet to slam dunk with such force that the glass breaks and the net supports crumble o_O

• Haha

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Joker certainly wouldn't be able to stop Shaq :D

DLS

Jan 12, 2013
New York
Meaningless drivel..... if Jordon played today without anyone being able to touch him, he'd average 60; if Shaq had to play a game of 21 with Wilt it would end as 21-0 - Shaq would have 100% of his shots blocked and couldn't stop Wilt for his life; if Russell played for the last 13 years he would've won 13 rings instead of the 11 he did; and if Ewing had Scottie Pippen in the 90's instead of Jordan having him, we'd all say Jordan was great but couldn't win the big one and Ewing was the most dominant player ever.

BTW, IF the Knicks get OG, Randle and Robinson all back before the playoffs, and IF they are healthy, they will beat anyone in the East. Celts have no heart and Porzingis will break down in tough series, Bucks short on defense, Cavs about to fall apart, Miami short on talent, Pacers and Orlando not quite ready for prime time, Sixers are done.

Just my humble Knicks fanboy opinion...

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My mind is consumed on Jokic. Did the Denver GM have a crystal ball on 2014's draft day ? He was passed on 40 times to land at 2nd round and overall 41st pick. 2 familiar names were drafted 2 slots ahead of him - Dinwiddie and Jerami Grant. Top 5 of the class were Wiggins, Jabari Parker (who??), Embiid, Aaron Gordon and Dante Exum (another who???) Jokic upon being drafted was a backup of Nurkic (who was 16th in that same draft). Nurkic was traded to Portland ala Warriors trading Monta Ellis away since they just drafted Steph. These GMs had great recognition for talent. And the thing is, Jokic at that draft level started to bloom and got his 2 MVPs in his 7th and 8th year. And now I cannot think of anyone in any team capable of neutralizing what do does on the court (many things) except Embiid who unfortunately is doubtful for the season. Jokic is a super-dimensional player. His spin moves and bully ball is just what great centers do. And those long rainbow shots of his, honestly, upon release I would say they had a 50-50 chance but he now converts then basically at 90% :D

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Even Stephen A is heartbroken at Tatum's performance. :D

Steve Williams

Meaningless drivel..... if Jordon played today without anyone being able to touch him, he'd average 60; if Shaq had to play a game of 21 with Wilt it would end as 21-0 - Shaq would have 100% of his shots blocked and couldn't stop Wilt for his life; if Russell played for the last 13 years he would've won 13 rings instead of the 11 he did; and if Ewing had Scottie Pippen in the 90's instead of Jordan having him, we'd all say Jordan was great but couldn't win the big one and Ewing was the most dominant player ever.

BTW, IF the Knicks get OG, Randle and Robinson all back before the playoffs, and IF they are healthy, they will beat anyone in the East. Celts have no heart and Porzingis will break down in tough series, Bucks short on defense, Cavs about to fall apart, Miami short on talent, Pacers and Orlando not quite ready for prime time, Sixers are done.

Just my humble Knicks fanboy opinion...
You and Phil really know your NBA history but more importantly I remember those good old days. The league is really different now in every way. I began following the NBA in the early years of Larry O’Brien’s reign. It’s a totally different game now.

Reactions: DLS and jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing