1883 A Yellowstone Prequel

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Yellowstione remains our favorite show on television as I have posted here so many times. It seems that I am not alone. Taylor Sheridan is a wonderful creator and for me this is a no brainer series to watch as it lays the foundation for how the Dutton family acquired all of their land The cast is also pretty impressive

Starts next week

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
My wife and I like Yellowstone also. I'll have to try this new show...

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I have read that another spinoff from Yellowstone is planned. The working title is 6666 and as you guess from this years Yellowstone it will be about a huge Texas ranch (where Jimmy) is currently living/working.

Steve Williams

It’s all good Jim. I love the series. Truly our favorite and yes Beth is our favorite in the show. It’s easy to understand why she behaves the way she does. To me she is John Dutton in a skirt. She plays the part perfectly

Reactions: GSOphile

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Whoooha great to hear there will be more of Yellowstone!!

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Buddy of mine here in Ft Worth, is in 1883 and been filming all over the state and Montana!

Attachments

• Paul.jpeg
    Paul.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

Steve Williams

As I said, Yellowstone is our favorite show so the prequel 1883 also by Taylor Sheridan is a no brainer

For those who haven't seen episode one yet, have at it. My wife and I are all in.

Reactions: still-one

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Great episode!
Hard to believe they were able to make the Stockyards area of north Ft Worth look like that!
I live in Ft Worth....

Reactions: Steve Williams

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Episode 1 was entertaining and keep us interested. It seems like Taylor Sheridan has the Midas touch as just about everything he touches is well received. Yellowstone, Sicario, Hell or High Water, and Wind River to name a few. I have only seen the first episode of Mayor of Kingstown so I don't know how that one will hold up.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
My wife and I watched 1883 the other night. We enjoyed it. Those were brutal times where one had to keep his wits about him and there were many daily challenges. The two shows have one big theme in common: self reliance. The main characters fight to defend what they have. I like the sense of values, what's right and wrong, and the importance of hard work and family. I see why these shows are hugely popular.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Episode 2 was equally as strong as the first, maybe better. I like the surprising cameo in the opening scene. I won't spoil it but the eyes gave it away.

We decided to add Paramount + so we can centime with 1883 as it move off of the regular Paramount Network.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We are both enjoying 1883 quite a bit. Actually it might be better done than Yellowstone. The way they are telling the story through the eyes of the young girl is great. The writing has been excellent. The story can be slow at times but the scenery and music is great.

Didn't know that Tim McGraw was such a good actor and the girl who plays his daughter really grabs your attention.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
I actually live in Ft Worth, so it really hits close to home!
My buddy is enjoying his first time acting.
He gets to travel all over the country during different shoots.

Attachments

• Paul.jpeg
    Paul.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • Paul1.jpg
    Paul1.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 4
  • Paul2.jpg
    Paul2.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 4

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
The show keeps getting better and better. The writing and dialog weaves a great story so far. Kind of a blend of Lonesome Dove, Wagon Train, Dances With Wolves and more.

As much as I enjoy Yellowstone in my mind 1883 is better.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
The seasons penultimate episode of 1883 offered a glimpse of why and how the Dutton family will end up in Montana rather than Oregon. Another fine episode that pulls at time pulls at your heart strings. I don't think they initially planned on more than the original 11 episodes for 1883 but they have announced they will continue the storyline a bit longer at some point even if it isn't for an entire season.

They have announced that they will bridge 1883 and Yellowstone with a series called 1932 that will continue with the Dutton family saga. My guess it will be based around the grown up version of 5 year old John of 1883. That would put him at about the age of 54 in 1932.

Paramount is going to make Taylor Sheridan a very wealthy man. So far he as a $200 million deal. Yellowstone, 1883, 1932, Mayor of Kingstown, Tulsa King, Lioness, Bass Reeves, Land Man.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
if John was 54 in 1932 then he would be about 90 years older in Yellowstone. Perhaps that would be John's father in 1932
James Dutton in 1883 is Yellowstone's John Dutton's great Grandfather. James' son John will be his Grandfather. I am assuming his father John Sr. will be born around 1920 give or take. Putting John's birth around 1950.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Williams

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Hi, is the only way to watch this is streaming via paramount +? I watched the initial episodes on Directv. I'm thinking I have to subscribe (ugh)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing