330 monoblocks finally finished

Great to see new product from Audio Research!

George

"The Reference 330M Monoblocks from Audio Research, set to premiere at the High End Show in Munich, represent a compelling evolution in the realm of audio amplification. It's an interesting piece for audiophiles keeping a close eye on the technical space.

These are not your run-of-the-mill amplifiers. With 330 watts at their disposal, courtesy of carefully selected vacuum tubes, they’re engineered to deliver a sound that’s both powerful and pure—expect clarity and fidelity even when the volume is pushed.

The technology behind these amps is quite something. The new topology refers to a fresh circuit design, possibly aiming for more efficiency or better sound quality, or both. Then there's the tube regulation system that's all about stability and consistency, so what you hear is closer to the artist's original production."

Were they set up at Munich? If so anyone hear them?

Someone told me that they’re $90k/pair. That’s more in line with their competition.

I wonder what the Ref 750 SE costs now.
They Are 90k a pair?
The 750 is 85k a pair ut seems. This is before tax?

But in europe it is 106k usd to 113k usd. Regional difference. (The 750..) Also, this must be with import and tax

Hmmm.

I suppose with the recent 4-5 year trend of making flagship speakers an easier and easier load for Amps ARC must have seen that not so much power is needed anymore. ARC seems to frem its their best Amp ever (the 330) . Still 750w tube power must be nice to have on the still hard to drive loadspeakers.

Last edited:
The excellent and very useful site ARCDB.WS has a preliminary listing for the REF330M w/ARC press release and:

TYPE
Tube mono amplifier
INTRODUCED
OPTIONS
-
MSRP (US NEW RETAIL)
$90,000/pair

I listened to the system with them quite a lot. It was in the Wadax room where the new Studio Player was driving them directly with Shunyata cables and power gear ( forgot which models) and a smaller pair of Magico Speakers. ( sorry dont know the model of these either but I think it may have been S3?)
They are 90k that was the number I was told and I was a bit surprised as I thought they were going to be less but alas this is 2024.
The system, as a system, sounded really very good and from what I heard at the show there was a ton of buzz about this room. There were two introductions and both IMO are highly anticipated arrivals.
The system set up by Brandon Lauer was excellent and was very easy to sit and get lost within when the room wasn't packed. I am not an ARC dealer but a long term fan and I hope that this entry restores some of the tarnished image of a great American company I grew up owning and enjoying. For those with the budget and the llove of tubes amps these sounded damn good to me.

After researching extensively the 330M in preparation for interview with Dave Gordon yesterday, I think it is a very interesting amplifier!

It is a very interesting hybrid, with tube output stage, and tube input stage, and buffer and driver stages solid-state. Part of the power supply is tube regulated, and part of the power supply is solid-state regulated.

I look forward to professional reviews and to WBF members reporting on their experiences with this new amplifier!

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing