After all the requests for my list

ptman

Dec 23, 2011
St. Louis, MO
All of my music is ripped from purchased CDs. I was very happy to find that I had 108 cuts for my playlist, and it's a pleasure to rediscover music that I haven't listened to in quite some time, along with some of my favorites! Also, to spotlight some that should prove new additions to my music collection.

A delve into Eric Johnson, particularly "Austin" from the Up Close CD, may prove to be a worthy addition?

Thanks for putting the list together!

Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
just updated today

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Are there any volunteers to make elliot's playlist an official playlist on Qobuz or Roon?
I'll kick in a free bottle of 2014 Gaja Barbaresco to anyone that takes this on.

Reactions: Elliot G.

Tomictime

May 30, 2020
great list , thanks

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
THE "LIST" IS IN THE PROCESS OF BEING UPDATED ONCE AGAIN AND WILL TAKE THE TOTAL TO OVER 600 TRACKS.i WILL TRY TO GET IT UP NEXT WEEK.

SO MUCH GREAT MUSIC AND ITS ALL YOURS FOR THE ONE TIME PRICE OF FREE

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
My computer guy was on holiday I guess the newest of the new updates will get done the week of Oct20

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
List was updated and now stands at over 630 items

Reactions: Lee

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Its been a Covid moment since I last did some updating however this week I found some great tracks and did some posting to the list. I hope the latest upgrade to around 660 tracks will get done this weekend. I am just having some much fun and enjoyment listening to my current system which is just SLAYING everyone that has been lucky enough and healthy enough to hear it. Happy Holidays!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The list finally got updated with everyone busy during the holidays it took a bit longer then expected.
I will be updating it again at the end of the month as I have already found a lot of new tunes/cuts that I like.
Enjoy and Happy Listening New Year

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The music is not in the notes,

but in the silence between.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

I have been thinking about this a lot lately as i listen to my high fidelity audio system.

What is it that makes me smile ? gives me goosebumps and let’s me for a period of time loose myself with the artists in my room?

I never liked the term “audiophile “ since in my mind this referred to those constantly listening to the differences in the audio gear and not the music.

What gives me those GMIA’s?

I live for those great moments in audio that makes me want to share the experience with all my friends but knowing I can’t.

Covid has made me more of a hermit, more isolated, more self reliant and more alone. Music has kept me grounded and sane.

As I sit listening this week I am trying to put into words the pure joy I am experiencing with the purity of sound and silence that my system is producing.

Mozart was correct. It’s the space and spaces in and around the notes that brings it to life. I have always felt that the bigger the differences between the sound and the silence (noise) the better it always seemed to sound.

My last changes were to try to remove the vibrations in my room primarily caused by playing the equipment, it is the music playing that moves the air that causes the sound and of course the vibrations.

This theoretical small difference and change was something I never gave much practical thought to but it made a world of difference.

The space and spaces reveal the purity of the instruments and voices. I love guitars , having badly played one as a child and the improvements in realism is striking and allowing me to just sit for hours exploring my old and new found music.

The proper placement, adjustment , tuning and seating position along with getting rid of the “noise” will bring the goosebumps out and raise the level of enjoyment

Mr P

Apr 17, 2015
Fort Myers, Florida
I have gone through the first 300 items on Elliot’s List. They are in a public playlist in Qobuz named “Elliot’s List - Vol 1”.

There were 31 items I could not find in Qobuz. If anyone would like to see if they can find them, let me know and I will send you the list.

Where an album was listed on the original playlist I included the entire album on the public playlist.

I selected high resolution recordings where they were available.

If anyone sees duplicate listings let me know.

There are approximately 31 hours of music on the playlist. Due to the size of the playlist I will create a second playlist for the next 300 items.

I would appreciate it if someone could verify the playlist is accessible.

Also, a big thank you to Elliot for sharing his original list.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I have gone through the first 300 items on Elliot’s List. They are in a public playlist in Qobuz named “Elliot’s List - Vol 1”.

There were 31 items I could not find in Qobuz. If anyone would like to see if they can find them, let me know and I will send you the list.

Where an album was listed on the original playlist I included the entire album on the public playlist.

There are approximately 31 hours of music on the playlist. Due to the size of the playlist I will create a second playlist for the next 300 items.

Thank you for doing that and I hope all enjoy. The list is growing on my website as just updated a short time ago and I am adding daily and will update it again in a week or two. Stay safe

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Marty you owe Mr. P a bottle of wine LOL

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

we cant find the list, where is it posted? is this a US account? Thanks, Ellot

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
1611238668452.png

rubinken

Jan 15, 2020
Olympia, WA, USA
Us Tidal folks are feeling a bit left out. Any way to add your playlists to Tidal?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Us Tidal folks are feeling a bit left out. Any way to add your playlists to Tidal?
The list in its entirety is on the webpage www.bendingwaveusa.com you can print it out and add them to your Tidal account. If someone wants to make the list on Tidal then go ahead. I am still adding to my list each month.
Enjoy it!!!

rubinken

Jan 15, 2020
Olympia, WA, USA
Thanks for the link. You have a whopping 666 tunes there. It may take me a few lifetimes to check them all out.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
there are always more coming. Hey see what you like and what you don't the idea is give people quality things to play on their systems.
great cuts that sound great :)

Reactions: rubinken

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing