Ageto Pre-Amplifier & QuintEssence TriodeFET Amplifier

analogsa

Apr 15, 2017
Cascais
Not sure about this at all. Single stage often means a single voltage gain stage. Or it may mean a single stage which combines voltage with current gain. This last one may be a bit tricky to prove as being single. A TriodeFet could mean anything.

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
I am sorry but based on last response i think you are just trying to be argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. I am not going to run on circles for you sorry

Single stage amp means provides both current and voltage gain in a single stage. If it provided only current gain with unity voltage gain it would be a buffer , if it was voltage gain only it could not drive any load.

As i mentioned TriodeFet is an arbitrary name we choose for our tech.
Really not that difficult i think

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
You don't have to reveal your circuit secret. it is like a supercharged triode sets the clock(voltage) and the transistor supplies the working current for the loudspeaker.
Or am I on the wrong track?
I love new ideas and am a very curious person..sometimes not a good trait. Supercharged Grounded-Cathode Amplifier PNP.png

Reactions: analogsa

analogsa

Apr 15, 2017
Cascais
it is like a supercharged triode sets the clock(voltage) and the transistor supplies the working current for the loudspeaker.

A way to address this is perhaps by defining what is a single stage amplifier. Can a triode driving an array of transistors be called a single stage?

Is Broskie's circuit really a single stage? It cannot easily be scaled up for any reasonable power anyway.

I have no agenda here, i really like Aries Cerat's products, but "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".

Reactions: DasguteOhr

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
A way to address this is perhaps by defining what is a single stage amplifier. Can a triode driving an array of transistors be called a single stage?

Is Broskie's circuit really a single stage? It cannot easily be scaled up for any reasonable power anyway.

I have no agenda here, i really like Aries Cerat's products, but "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".
Read this site then you how it works its a bigger model more power
The inaus quintessence will be a further development. Definitely an exciting device I'll have to listen to. Fewer amplifier stages are always better for the sound.;)

Reactions: Argonaut

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing