Announcement - -- - -Whats Best Forum New Video Page Goes Live Today

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Steve I don't have an argument... This is all very good.

You asked a very important question that may not have taken the shape desired.

FWIW I liked Mike L.'s Taiko Audio videos for the same reason I liked Emile's videos (that might have picked up a few exclamatory statements!) and believe in time the addition of manufacturer/dealer approved personal listening room videos will become a valuable part of the front page here.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
We are hoping for today. Our programmer lives in the EU so we are hoping he can take us live today. If not it will go live tomorrow morning
Well done my dear friend! New performance heights for the site! Love the fact you are booting those amateur, awful-sounding end-user videos from that page; though they probably deserve their own space somewhere...

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Good one Tasos. Some people enjoy the amateur system videos. I don’t think there’s any booting of amateur videos away from anywhere. Are you suggesting the canceling of system videos on WBF? Where did you get that idea? This is a new area for advertisers to market their products through video format which is already being done on YouTube and on websites belonging to the manufacturers.

Also some of the dealer videos are simple handheld iPhone videos just like some members make of their own systems. It’s just a dealer making them of his listening room after he gets some new speakers. What’s the difference in that case?

I do look forward to Ron Resnick‘s interview and system videos with his good equipment.

Last edited:
Reactions: rando

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I don’t think there’s any booting of amateur videos away from anywhere. Are you suggesting the canceling of system videos on WBF?
I have no idea what you are talking about; you may want to read what I wrote on more time. Typical twisting of the writ, in plain sight.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Well done my dear friend! New performance heights for the site! Love the fact you are booting those amateur, awful-sounding end-user videos from that page; though they probably deserve their own space somewhere...
Cover your iPhone in the tinfoil you use on your phono preamp and I swear the videos will sound awesome.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Good job...Steve and Ron....welcome to the 21st century WBF.

Reactions: carl13

Ibrahim2021

Mar 21, 2021
It is with great pleasure that Ron, Julian and I are proud to announce the launch of Whats Best Forum's new video page. It has always been our goal to be the best and most informative audio site on the internet. We started with the idea of creating a video page with a repository for informative videos from all of our advertisers. This was no small task. We started with the idea 6 months ago and after some due diligence we found a programmer who was up to the challenge of developing this new page

We decided to used a format very similar to that used by Netflix which shows a featured video at the top of the page followed below with the newly added videos and below that an alphabetical list of our manufacturer sponsors.

This page has gone through extensive alpha and beta testing and we feel that we have gotten all of the bugs out and we can now launch this new video page sometime later today

The featured video at the top will change every few days.

Huge kudos to Julian who has slaved behind the scenes working with the developer to make the page look the way we wanted but more so for the labor intensive job of loading all of these videos. We still have countless more videos to add and these will be done over the next few days going forward.So to all of our advertising sponsors please be patient as we get all videos loaded. We are reasonably certain that we have ironed out all of the bugs but please use this thread to report any bugs or suggestions

Also there will be a video button in the Nav bar at the top of the forum pages. The forum video page will be the new landing page for the site whereas before the Forum Home Page was the land page. This home page can still be accessed by clicking the new "Promoted Threads" button in the Nav Bar at the top. The previous "home page button" has been renamed "Videos"

We have many more ideas as to how we will use this new video page so stay tuned for more exciting changes but in the interim please have a look at and enjoy this new page and watch daily for more additions as well as constant changes to our "featured video"

As stated we have countless more videos to add from our advertising sponsors. This is a huge and time consuming job on the part of Julian so have a look daily for changes. We hope you all are as excited about this new video page as are we. Watch for more and different additions to this video page in the next few months as we will be rolling out some more additions to this video page View attachment 76499
Well done!!!!

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
The links are so small it's hard to tell what I'm looking at. I can blow them up.

But

It would be nice to know what is an interview or teaching moment and what is another listen to my speakers on your iPhone. I left the page pretty fast for those 2 reasons.

Reactions: Bobvin

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The links are so small it's hard to tell what I'm looking at. I can blow them up.

But

It would be nice to know what is an interview or teaching moment and what is another listen to my speakers on your iPhone. I left the page pretty fast for those 2 reasons.
well most of us stopped using flip phones 10 years ago:p

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Flip phone or not, there is a big difference between seeking knowledge of equipment and listening to audiophile songs over phone speakers. It would be nice to sort the content.

Reactions: PeterA and Al M.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing