Anybody have a Genus in the UK

bally_le1

Mar 5, 2024
Uk
Hi folks,

I’m a newish member on here looking to potentially purchase a Genus and was wondering if there are any UK owners willing to let a member come and have a listen?
Unfortunately the only UK dealer doesn’t have any. I’m based in Leicestershire.

I’ve listened to 4 integrated amps that on paper have great reviews but only 1 was suitable to by ear, so I’m very hesitant to purchase without hearing one.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum!

Out of interest, what are the other integrateds you've heard? What speakers will it be driving?

Hi heihei, other integrated’s I’ve heard are:

Soulnote A2 - loved the sound, warm and rich with depth.

Luxman 507z - auditioned with the Soulnote and I just preferred the Soulnote

BAT VK3500 - amazing clarity, but a little cold and clinical in comparison to the Soulnote

Accuphase E-4000 (I think) - it just never wowed me (I have no real impression of it)

Western Electric 91e - similar to the Accuphase.

Speakers it needs to drive are Fyne Audio F1-8S. 91db efficiency.

I was ready to buy the Genus un-heard but after listening to the above amps, I don’t want to make a costly mistake. All of the above is just based on my ears and listening preference.

I moved away from ATC SCM 50 actives and purchased the Fyne Audio’s. All listening tests have been conducted via streaming but ultimately the integrated will sit between a yet to be determined phono stage and SL1000R.

I went to purchase the turntable a couple of months ago and fell in love with the speakers during the demo so there has been a lot of change to the system the last few months.

Depending on your budget, the Riviera Levante is a stunning sounding amp. Emporium have one second hand and may be open to a demo.

Thanks for the recommendation, I’d like to try the Genus first and it’s the upper end of my budget but at the same price as the pre owned Riviera, it would be new with a full warranty.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu