Anyone have the DMC-30SS?

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi phillipk,

I use a pair of Gotham interconnects between my DMC 30SS and my subwoofers and I am very satisfied with the results.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
I have the new DMC-30SS and DMA-260 set up. First impressions are great. I do have a question for DMC-30 SS owners. When I get about a foot from the preamp I can hear transformer hum. I have never heard transformer hum from any components in my system. I did verify the hum with the preamp isolated from the system with no other components connected to the preamp or power conditioner. I wanted to get a take from other 30SS owners before I consider a humbuster or other component to eliminate potential DC leakage?

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
It seems the transformer hum has subsided. I can barely hear it when my ear is 6 inches away. Preamp and amp are fantastic. It's only been about a few days.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Although this may sound like a break-in issue, I seriously doubt it - I believe all of their products are broken-in in house. To me this sounds like a lot of noise in the AC line, perhaps harmonics, or something like that. Talk to your dealer - they probably have a techie on board to help diagnose this.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
It will be interesting to see what I changes are planned for the DMC-30SS series 2. It's on spectrals site as a new product for 2011.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Just a wild guess, but I believe the so-called SHHA gain modules in the DMA-260 are even faster than the SHHA2 in the 30SL and 30SS - so perhaps they have a SHHA3 in mind for the 30SS Series II or something, and I hope I can retrofit them back into my 30SL.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Looks like Spectral has posted a bulletin for the new series II. It will be interesting to see how many owners committ to the upgrade.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
No real surprises, other than the "marketing" pitch at the end against the competition; I particularly liked the extra 10dB gain, which should bring it back to 30SL levels. Sounds promising; appears re-architected around the new SHHA modules.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing