Anyone know for sure when Wadia 6 player was manufactured and ceased?

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Just reading a post on a different forum and it has me rather amused, prefer not to go into details as it would be rather scathing about others not related to this site.

Part of the post relates to using the Wadia 6 player, however from what I understand when looking at Wadia website, it suggests this player was last manufactured in 1994, and the design goes back to 1992.
http://wadia.com/company/history/

If this is correct I find it incredibly amusing that such a product would be deemed as current high-end/sota performance by some (although these are critics of high end).
Must refrain from thinking of the various flaws-limitations in DACs-S/PDIF-and related circuit designs back then.

Cheers
Orb

Orb - Yoy are probably right on the introduction date of the 6, I had one of the first runs of it by that time and was a great performer (and still is with the new mods and the "i" Wadia updates), just two considerations, i) AC power cord upgrade and ii) always play it full volume UP.

Well I purchased by Wadia 6i in Spring 1993 and I believe it had been introduced in late 1992.

I still use it in my office system. It was an amazing CD player for its day and still pretty darn good. Not as good as my SimMoon Andromeda, but pretty darn good. The Wadia players always seem to sound 'musical'.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing