APL DSD GR Galactic Reference DAC

Secretariat

VIP/Donor
Feb 28, 2017
Philippines
Has anybody out there ever had any experiences with the APL Hi Fi DSD GR Galactic Reference DAC? If yes, what do you think of it? Heard that it's one of the most analog sounding DAC in the market today. How does it compare to other DACs like Lampizator, DCS, EMM Labs and MSB?
Thanks.

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
I have the APL MR SE DAC and it is a very analog sounding.
Now the GR is the next investment I’ll make.

Reactions: Secretariat

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Alex Peychev and I became good friends since I contacted him years ago to learn more about his products.

he told me that there is no GR in the USA yet. Most went to Hong Kong and France. They have demos in Germany, Australia, Poland and the Philippines. The GR appeals the most to clients who also own serious vinyl setups.

Reactions: Secretariat

leszek

Aug 25, 2018
Now I play like this:
Roon on MacBook Air- USB->Auralic Sirius Processor->coaxial->Galactic.

Reactions: matthias

leszek

Aug 25, 2018
After a week of serious listening I can say that GR is really a digital free device.
I can play music for hours without any fatigue with incredible flow and musicality.
The stage is 3D and completely not connected to the speakers.
I would say that GR is a level up in comparison to MR SE version which I owned for 2 years.
I am very happy!!!

Reactions: matthias

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
I’m getting ready for the upgrade.
I can’t imagine something better than my MR SE. But will certainly get to know.

Reactions: leszek

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing