ARC announces price increase effective Mid-March '24

I've had ARC products for many years starting with an SP 6 C and a D79. I did try the sand amp solution for a bit experimenting with Threshold and Krell but, came back to my roots with the system I've enjoyed for over 20 years. It has seen some upgrades in that period but, always from ARC. They make some fabulous pieces, and the pleasure brought to me when I sit, and listen is all proof I need to keep purchasing from ARC. Thank you ARC for the outstanding products and service you have provided me with for many years.

Living in the frenzied Bay Area world, where every few years a new trillion dollar company seems to emerge (nVidia, Apple, Google, and Meta have their headquarters within a short distance from my house), hifi is not a business that would traditionally have attracted the major VC firms here on Page Mill road (near Stanford, the nerve center of the Bay Area VC business).

But generative AI technology is one of those once in a generation disruptive technologies that will completely redefine the creative industries (cinema, music, audio and much more). Vast sums of money are pouring in, literally billions each and every day. Streaming will be completely revolutionized by generative AI in the next few years as will every aspect of making movies, creating music and art etc. if you have seen Open AI’s text to video demo called Sora, it sent shockwaves through Hollywood. Literally anyone sitting in their armchair can create video sequences that would previously have taken an army of special effect engineers, extras and location shooting that would have cost studios many millions of dollars. It roughly takes 5-10 million dollars to shoot every minute of an action film. Wham, now it costs almost nothing!

Generative AI will redefine the hifi industry as it will completely change the way people consume music.
You think its going to make music that people want to listen to? How else might it change music consumption?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing