Aries Cerat Genus: King of the hill headphone amplifier

May 30, 2015
Aug 31, 2014
France
Hello

Here is impressions from a user of the HP you mentioned,that auditioned the Genus:

https://whatsbestforum.com/threads/...-2018-with-a-full-ac-system.26574/post-555719
Hello

Here is impressions from a user of the HP you mentioned,that auditioned the Genus:

https://whatsbestforum.com/threads/...-2018-with-a-full-ac-system.26574/post-555719
It's funny because Jambo is prett Michel on thé dame situation as i am. With histoire speaker system on hold.
Hello

It's funny because Jambo is pretty much in the same situation as i am with his speaker system put aside and using his HP rig meanwhile.
The next two months are going to be crucial for me to determine if i can build my system at the end of this year or having to wait for another year or more:rolleyes:

It's funny because Jambo is prett Michel on thé dame situation as i am. With histoire speaker system on hold.

It's funny because Jambo is pretty much in the same situation as i am with his speaker system put aside and using his HP rig meanwhile.
The next two months are going to be crucial for me to determine if i can build my system at the end of this year or having to wait for another year or more:rolleyes:
Can you build it in stages? And enjoy your headphones during the build. What are you changing out?

Aug 31, 2014
France
Can you build it in stages? And enjoy your headphones during the build. What are you changing out?
No it's going to be an all or nothing kind of situation, my speakers need monoblock power so it's going to be Impera II/Concero 65 combo if i go Aries Cerat.
I can still listen to my Kennerton Odin meanwhile coupled with my Hugo 2.

No it's going to be an all or nothing kind of situation, my speakers need monoblock power so it's going to be Impera II/Concero 65 combo if i go Aries Cerat.
I can still listen to my Kennerton Odin meanwhile coupled with my Hugo 2.
Nice. Well I can tell you, the Genus Integrated is the best SET I have heard to date. The Concero 65s will be more of that goodness. Yes they are not cheap, but compared to other top SETs, they are very good value v performance. I would pitch that combo against the Kondo top units, no problem, and would say they are faster and more transparent.

Aug 31, 2014
France
Nice. Well I can tell you, the Genus Integrated is the best SET I have heard to date. The Concero 65s will be more of that goodness. Yes they are not cheap, but compared to other top SETs, they are very good value v performance. I would pitch that combo against the Kondo top units, no problem, and would say they are faster and more transparent.
Astro what kind of output are you using on the Genus to plug your LCD4 ?
Is it jack 6.35 or XLR ?

Astro what kind of output are you using on the Genus to plug your LCD4 ?
Is it jack 6.35 or XLR ?
Hello Thieliste
It is a 6.2mm jack at the back. The amp is Single Ended. I have an extension lead that goes to balanced 4 pin female, the balanced configuration then a Y split then the LCD4 input jacks. I sit the balanced plug on my desk, and just plug in the LCD4s when I want to listen, works great.

Did I tell you is sounds Bl..dy amazing? More than that, best I have heard. Are you getting closer to a decision? I would like to be in the loop, and give you more advice if needed. Pic shows my LCDs with the basic lead, I now have the all silver Norne Druag, which is much better.

IMG_3950.JPG Aries_Cerat_Genus_09.jpg
The headphone output socket (red locking tab) is next to the speaker taps at the bottom.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2014
France
Hello Thieliste
It is a 6.2mm jack at the back. The amp is Single Ended. I have an extension lead that goes to balanced 4 pin female, the balanced configuration then a Y split then the LCD4 input jacks. I sit the balanced plug on my desk, and just plug in the LCD4s when I want to listen, works great.

Did I tell you is sounds Bl..dy amazing? More than that, best I have heard. Are you getting closer to a decision? I would like to be in the loop, and give you more advice if needed. Pic shows my LCDs with the basic lead, I now have the all silver Norne Druag, which is much better.

View attachment 48651 View attachment 48652
The headphone output socket (red locking tab) is next to the speaker taps at the bottom.
Regarding my future system build i will know more mid april if i can have the funds this year or later on.
I'm sure using world class HP with Aries cerat amp must be out of this world, i aleardy know how it sounds with my speakers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing