Aries Cerat Sound Bytes

elrod

Apr 4, 2016
Well, I jumped on the Aries Cerat Helene bandwagon and I’m glad I did! While my HOLO Spring 3 KTE sounded great (for the most part) I felt it was the weak link sitting with my VTL 7.5III and Dartzeel NHB-108 Mod 2.

The Helene cleaned up the short-comings of the HOLO and I can see myself being content with the Helene for many years. I have champaign taste with beer money, and while the Helene is the baby of the Aries Cerat DAC line, it’s sweet-sounding enough to keep me from missing TOO much from the remaining Cerat DAC line. It just sounds so well balanced from top to bottom, clean, no harshness at all, and completely non-fatiguing. Some things with the HOLO sounded artificial, the Helene just sound natural.

The VTL does have a phase invert switch and it does sound better with the phase inverted. Inverting with the VTL, The bass seems a touch stronger/deeper and the instruments have a touch longer decay. The instruments also have a bit more space between them. Nice little improvement just by hitting a switch...

Highly recommended! All you have to do is find one…

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing