AUDIOGEN HIGH END/Tune Audio/Wavac - T.H.E. Show 2019

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
B85C9F15-255E-4564-8036-8E6ABDB7367E.jpeg

3152B2AE-B6DF-48AB-9D20-4BDF890978E2.jpeg

00F14FED-EF01-4F47-BBC8-683517DC9749.jpeg

We in Los Angeles are very happy that Ibrahim Genis and Emre Korkmaz have opened AUDIOGEN HIGH END in Downtown Los Angeles, and are displaying Tune Audio loudspeakers and Wavac electronics, brands which are very rare in the United States. I like very much Wavac amplifiers, and the Wavac 833 single-box mono amplifiers were on static display.

I totally fell in love with the Tune Audio Avatons I heard at Munich High-End 2018. But, puzzlingly, having now heard them twice, I just cannot seem to cotton to the Animas.

70901C7E-7AF5-40BD-9C62-A7C908A87597.jpeg

In this exhibition I felt that the speakers were positioned too wide apart, and I felt that they were bass-shy. Of course I appreciate that it was dimensionally a difficult room situation where one tries to maximize the seating capacity of the room while at the same time maximizing the sound quality of the system.

F9A46DC9-5AB8-4BD0-A090-565C93E1CE43.jpeg

If I listened primarily to jazz music the Animas would be high up on my list of speakers to audition. I always use transparency and in-the-room realism of vocals to judge horn loudspeakers, and here I found the Animas to be a little bit muddy-sounding on vocals.

I am confident that once the Animas are sorted out in the AUDIOGEN HIGH END show room, they will aquit themselves beautifully.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing