AXPONA 2023 Photo Tour

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
4D442A2B-EF6B-46CE-9383-317C909959F1.jpeg 358D953F-EF19-4A32-BC6F-11F92455802A.jpeg

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Thanks Ron!

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Great photo journey Ron!

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Yes Indeed thank you Ron for the excellent Photos--some super skill there-I know how unforgiving most rooms at shows are for
detailed results-- very commendable and appreciated effort there!
Please keep up the great work--some comments at later date re your sonic observations maybe? ;)--thanks again.

BruceD

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Looks fab! Those are great pics, obviously time & effort, good on you Ron mate.

Panel type speakers always have me intrigued... in fact I noticed the Clarisys panels! Btw, did you get a chance to have a close listen to those Clarisys speakers? I can't really tell which model this is, looks like the Minuet but looks too wide.
Any idea on the model Ron?
So these were driven by Hegel gear/ amps... I would have thought something more higher end, considering the Clarisys line price tag but that's certainly great to see Hegel in top flight. They do make some pretty fine gear. Guess it drives the Clarisys ribbons quite well... I'm hoping it's a good match.

Man, I really miss these shows, we've got nothing like this down unda, and the last time I did a write up abount the Melb hifi show (Nov 2017), I nearly got shot! Apparently I had upset the highend audio Mafia, good lord!

What are your thoughts on the Clarisys line of panels Ron? Are you able to compare notes between these, Alsyvox and full range stats like CLX's? Very very keen to learn your findings.

Cheers, RJ

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Looks fab! Those are great pics, obviously time & effort, good on you Ron mate.

Panel type speakers always have me intrigued... in fact I noticed the Clarisys panels! Btw, did you get a chance to have a close listen to those Clarisys speakers? I can't really tell which model this is, looks like the Minuet but looks too wide.
Any idea on the model Ron?
So these were driven by Hegel gear/ amps... I would have thought something more higher end, considering the Clarisys line price tag but that's certainly great to see Hegel in top flight. They do make some pretty fine gear. Guess it drives the Clarisys ribbons quite well... I'm hoping it's a good match.

Man, I really miss these shows, we've got nothing like this down unda, and the last time I did a write up abount the Melb hifi show (Nov 2017), I nearly got shot! Apparently I had upset the highend audio Mafia, good lord!

What are your thoughts on the Clarisys line of panels Ron? Are you able to compare notes between these, Alsyvox and full range stats like CLX's? Very very keen to learn your findings.

Cheers, RJ
Hi RJ,

Check out the Clarisis speakers in the video tour:

:

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
I'm trying to get past the line arrays I owned decades ago, then sold them. There's a story behind that I'll tell ya. My wife hasn't forgotten them. Sorry Honey.

Those look like Gan amplifiers powering the arrays. Thank you for the pictures.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I'm trying to get past the line arrays I owned decades ago, then sold them. There's a story behind that I'll tell ya. My wife hasn't forgotten them. Sorry Honey.

Instead of a lifetime of remorse why don't you just buy some new panel speakers?

Last edited:
Reactions: emoonie and KeithR

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I just have one more to post. These speckers sound great even over you tube.

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
Instead of a lifetime of remorse why don't you just buy some new panel speakers?
I'm putting my faith into a pair of Legacy Audio Aeris speakers with the Wavelet. Want to run my Allnic T2000 30th integrated into the mids and tweets and see what the bass section will sound like in my room using the DSP function. I've got 60wpc in triode and 150wpc in pentode. I've got a good feeling about this but it's more complicated as my T2000 does not have preouts.

Reactions: SCAudiophile

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Mmm... I can certainly see the pics, and the photos taken are great! However, from an audition point of view, it's extremely poor audio quality, I simply cannot decipher what the sound is like. For example, on the Clarisys video, the midband is too profound... hardly any LF detail and the highs seemed cut out, doesn't extend to anything of what I'm used to. A very similar video clip done on the Alsyvox few years ago, and very mediocre quality. I even tried on my daughters 3grand headphones, bit better but that was about all. I certainly get the idea but it's not a medium to judge sound quality, hell no!

So, I've come to the conclusion that I need to hear these in person. In July I'm heading to Spore and The Adelphi, have set up appointments with Avant Garde, Diptyque, Genesis and still looking out for Clarisys. They're not yet established in Spore. I'm very keen on the Genesis Tribute speakers (in honour of Arnie Nudell). That will most probably be a private demo.
There's my usual chap who now has the Botichelli-X driven by the VAC Statements, so I'm looking forward to that. He's also taken delivery of the new Dartzeel monoblocks but uses them on the CLX's instead, so I'm looking forward to that particular demo very much!

Anyway, thanks for posting the videos Ron & the team, appreciate it. Looks like everyone had a good time, and hopefully it was a good turnout.

Speaking of turnouts, over here in WA ( Western Australia) in a small country town called, Examoth) we had the lunar eclipse! It was a total eclipse and the turnout was over 18,000 people. Quite a few made it all the way from the US of A!

Cheers, RJ

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing