Bergmann Odin Tonearm + Grado Lineage Cartridge

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Does anyone have any experience using one of the Grado Lineage cartridges (Epoch or Aeon or Statement) on a Bergmann Odin tonearm?

If so, what did you think sonically of the combination?

Did you find any compatibility issues in terms of total tonearm + cartridge + hardware mass versus cartridge compliance and resulting resonant frequency?

Thank you!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Anyone? :oops:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Did you read the Fremer review of a new 16k USD Japanese cart called ex1000, and compares it to Grado Epoch 3, says the grado does similar

"The Grado Epoch3 exhibits similar qualities, but because of somewhat soft highs and less-than-sharply-enunciated transients, it is less satisfying on rock and electronic music and more appropriate on classical and some kinds of jazz. The Analog Relax EX1000 worked well with every musical genre I threw at it."

Reactions: MRubey

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Yes, I saw that, thank you. Michael's report is perfectly in line with my personal preference, as I prefer somewhat softer highs and less sharply-enunciated transients than does Michael.

On another well-know cartridge Michael has been a big fan of the Lyra Atlas over the years. I totally understand and respect why Michael, and several friends of mine, love it, but the Atlas consistently has been a little bit too analytical and neutral for me personally.

I find Michael's reported preferences to be very stable over time, so I think he is one of the easiest reviewers upon which to triangulate on one's own likely preference by reading, and understanding, his reviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: MRubey

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing