Best cables for REL Carbon Specials

wokeuptobose

VIP/Donor
Mar 26, 2021
I have jumped onto the REL six pack path with a pair to start. They are augmenting my Rockport Cygnus speakers. It's clear from bits and pieces I have read that the power cable and the Speakon cable can be improved over the two factory offerings. Do we have any members who have done a listening shootout with "reasonably priced" power and Speakon cables such as Zenwave and Triode or others who both make REL style cables? My system is Grimm Mu1 to Horizon to Gryphon EVO to Rockport Cygnus, Dragon Power and XLR, twin Shunyata Typhon 2s.
Also, I don't know why I can't figure out how to post my system as both a signiture footer and the pictures. I would love an expert here to PM me how to do that.

I have jumped onto the REL six pack path with a pair to start. They are augmenting my Rockport Cygnus speakers. It's clear from bits and pieces I have read that the power cable and the Speakon cable can be improved over the two factory offerings. Do we have any members who have done a listening shootout with "reasonably priced" power and Speakon cables such as Zenwave and Triode or others who both make REL style cables? My system is Grimm Mu1 to Horizon to Gryphon EVO to Rockport Cygnus, Dragon Power and XLR, twin Shunyata Typhon 2s.
Also, I don't know why I can't figure out how to post my system as both a signiture footer and the pictures. I would love an expert here to PM me how to do that.
I have REL 25s and replaced the REL speakons with Iconoclast speakon cables. IMO a better result. https://www.iconoclastcable.com/speaker/index.htm

Not with my REL sub. Did have the Silver Resolution in my system before I decided to down size and simplify. Frank provides a hi quality product for the price. No "hi end" audio vodoo BS talk. Very straight forward and easy to work with. May offer potential return options.

My common sense perspective. How much difference can one realistically hear with the neutrik connection option? And how would you go about auditioning and determine differences between various wires? Then there is the room, sub adjustments along with the myriad of other variables and the sonic impact thereof. Good luck.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu