Best DAC for Pink Faun? Aqua formula xHD, dCS Vivaldi, or TotalDAC d1-unity? Thanks in advance!

OZ996

Feb 11, 2024
China
Would love your suggestion for DAC for my Pink Faun 2.16 ultra.

Still not decide which DAC is best for Pink Faun. Read some posts and feel like Aqua formula xHD, dCS Vivaldi, TotalDAC d1-unity may match. Any insights, opinion or experience sharing from masters here?

Background:

Already got a new Avantgarde UnoSD. Pick up DarTZeel combo (18ns+108b). Considering CJ’s new Art combo (88+150) and Kuzbass XL for my vinyl collection. Audio room is in my basement of 170 sqt with 9 feet tall.

As for the music genre, big fan of classics such as Bach and Vivaldi. So no modern music and very rare vocal.

OZ996

Feb 11, 2024
China

Me? I’m pretty happy with my lowly Rossini Apex ring DAC and its resident streamer.
Many thanks Johnson for your sharing. Cannot say Rossini is lowly pack. Are you using the Rossini player with all in one box?

ChrisTaiwan

Sep 26, 2021
HORIZON!!!!

Reactions: christoph

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Apart from the WADAX which is fantastic , the metronome would probably be what i d buy.

AQWO DAC Switchable outputstage SS and Tubes sounded fantastic in Munchen

1708358818312.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DasguteOhr

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
Pacific 2 cause It brought Pink Faun to very different level of undigital teritory

Reactions: christoph and flkin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing