Better Than Class A amp?

I just contacted the distributor in Australia

He says they have not finalised case work yet, and are awaiting Fischer Germany to complete modifications

That a number of dealerships have preproduction models to demo
But this is not final case configuration
Mola Mola will not recieve new case work or final electonic upgrade till september

He has a preproduction unit which looks like your photo

So exactly what is it you have?

I just want to know if you have a production version, and the distributor here is wrong or not

He is pretty firm, that no one has a final version?

Regards

Andrew

I just contacted the distributor in Australia
He says they have not finalised case work yet, and are awaiting Fischer Germany to complete modifications
That a number of dealerships have preproduction models to demo
But this is not final case configuration
Mola Mola will not recieve new case work or final electonic upgrade till september
He has a preproduction unit which looks like your photo
So exactly what is it you have?
I just want to know if you have a production version, and the distributor here is wrong or not
He is pretty firm, that no one has a final version?
Regards
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for your info!
This is exactly what I heard : those Mola Mola selling/demoing in Taiwan are NOT the final production version.

How about those at the dealer of Michael?

I am confused.

Hope that Bruno Putzeys can come out and clarify.

CK

Hello Awsmone,

The information your dist gave you is 100% wrong.

Scott

I am the Mola Mola dealer in Texas.

Thx

The plot thickens?

Could it be an issue between 110 volt and 230 volt operation

We in SE Asian seem to be getting one msg

Is it true in America they are production version, then could it be a difference ?

Very interesting?

The best high powered SS amps that I am familar with seem to have a endless reserve of power,they will not clip,and can make the music expand and soar with what seems to be a endless dimensionality. So my question is how do these amplifiers perform on the most complex music ie opera,or orchestra with chorus with regards to uncongestion,size(imaging) and power reserve. Just interesting as I find your comment about bridging the gap between tube and SS much like my thoughts about the nuvistor.

I agree with CK

Would be nice if company chimed in with a definitive answer

What you are hearing is classic class D and for me is why i have really liked nuforce class D amps for a long time. I have never heard the ncore that i liked but other than building one and listening to it, it is the only one i have ever heard on my system. I have heard lots of the ones you have listened to but you really don't know until you hear it in your system. I might demo a pair of the mola-s.

Bass will be more controlled with class D, look at the damping factor. I had very expensive amps years ago then i tried a pair of class Ds and wow it did bring a different sound. Controlled my speakers better, clean sounding, dynamic and maybe not the most tonality, but i bought them and sold the high price amps. Now class D has come a long way. I know where your coming from and i have told my friend who has been in the business for 35 years and told him people are going to find out about them in the future.

I understand. They sound very resolving and neutral. The bass and mid bass is far beyond anything before it. Everything is very realistic. I would say the HF are on par with Krell 900e and Soulution 710 but the bass is way beyond either of those amps. It really shows with complex and dynamic music. There's total control no matter the music. They are a little higher gain than the Krell and I end up listening louder. They like to play loud. Most amps get to a point where you want to turn it down. I haven't found that point with the mola mola amps.

This fits in with what my distributor said, but..... is Europe not USA..........and over two months old

Thx for emailing was just about to do the same :) CK

This fits in with what my distributor said, but..... is Europe not USA..........and over two months old

Hi Andrew,
Please send your asking email too. Bruno may repond a bit faster. ;)

According to the blog written by Bruno, they received 3 sets of new preamp & poweramp chassis from their new metal supplier on 28 April. They would then build 3 sets to check if there was anything wrong before ordering the first full batch of 50 sets for production.
http://www.mola-mola.nl/index.php/blog

Tube vs SS

Tubes vs SS is a well worn discussion. The basic advantage of one is the disadvantage of the other. SS is generally better at bass and tubes are usually better at HF. I think this has something to do with feedback or lack of feedback, in the case of most tube amps.

My guess is that Bruno has figured out a technical way to use high feedback throughout the entire spectrum without harming HF delicacy and inner detail. The final product is never heard before bass coupled with sweet, realistic and natural HF.

Interesting the comments about "tube like character" soft( as in not edgy) but detailed…. I cannot comment on rock only classical

The Bakoon has a similar quality, I also noted this with Soulution when I heard, with tremendous hi frequencies

This would seem a difference from say Nuforce which is detailed but …. not my personal cup of tea though I have friends who love it :)

Guido talks a lot about the clarity and rightness of the treble

I have been amazed how with superb amplification you get extension air and sweetness:

Guido believe as Dallas there is something special about the treble and clarity :) with N core

Tubes vs SS is a well worn discussion. The basic advantage of one is the disadvantage of the other. SS is generally better at bass and tubes are usually better at HF. I think this has something to do with feedback or lack of feedback, in the case of most tube amps.

My guess is that Bruno has figured out a technical way to use high feedback throughout the entire spectrum without harming HF delicacy and inner detail. The final product is never heard before bass coupled with sweet, realistic and natural HF.

So this Mola Mola is a high feedback design?

alexandre

Hi Andrew,

I just received a reply email from Jan-Peter van Amerongen of Mola Mola :

" ... Thank you for your interest in our new Mola Mola brand.

After several unforeseen delays the product is now in production. We expect to have stock the end of September to half October.

I’ll send you and update when we have stock ... "

this thread has turned into an infomercial of sorts for Mola Mola:b

I'm not surprised Michael likes them. The other gem in their product range is the preamp, it has an optional phono board w/ some innovative feature sets - it was some of the best vinyl playback I heard at one of the shows.

I believe you said awhile back that Dart was the best SS you had heard, but won't drive your current speakers. Mola Mola and Dart don't sound at all alike, so I'm curious how you compare the two now.

I recently heard the Mola Molas as well as the Grimm setup, so fairly familiar with the product.

The F Word

It didn't take long for someone to mention the F word. Bruno starts talking about the F word at about 11:00 mark. He gets to the numbers at around 19:00 mark: 5 pole compensation and 53db of loop gain at 20khz. He compares the amp's control to a "9mhz linear amp."

Does it sound fast? Hell yes! It sounds just as fast as my Krell 900e or Soulution 710 for sure.

I believe you said awhile back that Dart was the best SS you had heard, but won't drive your current speakers. Mola Mola and Dart don't sound at all alike, so I'm curious how you compare the two now.

I recently heard the Mola Molas as well as the Grimm setup, so fairly familiar with the product.

I would say the best amp I had heard in my system before the Mola Mola, was the Krell 900e. The 900e is one of those amps that "has it all." I loved those guys. I had to let them go partly due to the heat. I live in Texas. I have a well insulated listening room with good A/C unit, but I had to re-position them closer to one another when I put my subs into my system. If they get too close to one another, then the heat from both amps creates a synergistic heating effect that resulted in much shorter listening sessions. I started taking my shirt off at around the one hour mark. :D

I'd have to get Scotty to bring his Dartzeel model one back over to my house. Honestly, I am not that interested in that comparison. I think the model one was a great amp, but it's just too painful to push it hard with the YGs. It was never intended for that.

The more interesting comparison would be the Dartzeel NHB-458. Scotty has a pair on order. I doubt he would bring them over to my house, but I know I could hear the mola mola along side the 458 at his house. That would be alot of fun. I've never heard the 458. I bet it's killer.

Last edited:
Thx CK

So my distributor was correct…..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing