Black Panther Movie-The Best Movie I Have Ever Seen!!!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Man, that's just nasty.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Sylvester is in Black Panther, you saw him in the movie?

I saw it today and enjoyed it more than most movies in this genre. Similar to Wonder Women there was a lot of back story in the first 3/4's of the film before they feel they must mess things up with a large fight scene.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I saw it today and enjoyed it more than most movies in this genre. Similar to Wonder Women there was a lot of back story in the first 3/4's of the film before they feel they must mess things up with a large fight scene.

Well Jim

Inasmuch as you and I agree on most films I am now going to have to see it. I am not a fan of super hero movies so I hope to keep an open mind.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Well Jim

Inasmuch as you and I agree on most films I am now going to have to see it. I am not a fan of super hero movies so I hope to keep an open mind.

Steve, like you this is far from my favorite genre but decided to give it a go after reading several reviews.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Well Jim

Steve,

That is the best way to see the movie go with an open mind. I tried to stay away from reviews, opinions, and spoilers. I enjoyed the movie and am happy to see the movie made. I read the comics in the sixties. Kudos to Stan Lee for stepping up where most people cave in to society and the norm. I remember seeing faces of color in the Fantastic Four comic books and seeing what they represented and it made me feel that much better about myself as a young kid! Black Panther fought all four of them at the same time by the way! He was a considered a "partner" and called was called "brother" by Captain America. That portion sometimes gets neglected when describing the character Black Panther. The character name was before the party came into power.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hi Vern

Great synopsis

As far as an open mind I have to, as I have never read those comic books and don’t have a clue about one super hero over another. In my era the only super hero was Superman. Those I read

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I think you're right Steve; Batman doesn't possess super powers, he's just an athletic guy with martial arts expertise and he's super wise.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/batman-286/is-batman-considered-a-superhero-1625901/

Jack, you agree?

Hahaha didn't read through all of it but I would give Batman and Ironman the nod for being super. One of Justice League's funnier moments was when the Flash asked Batman what his super power was and Affleck deadpanned, "I'm rich". If one remembers the argument between cap and Stark where Cap asked the same thing, Downey Jr. had the classic "Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist" retort. Panther is chemically enhanced like Cap is and Bane was but he is probably the richest of them all. So.....money can mean tech and tech makes for super I guess. That goes for bad guys like father and son Goblins in Spiderman.

For some Trivia, Wolverine's claws were originally just part of his costume but I believe it was Clairmont who decided that then all one needed would be the costume and that just wasn't interesting. They then decided to make the claws a part of his anatomy. The bone claws came even later. That's sort of the conundrum for Wayne, Stark, and T'challa etc. Stark guards the Arc reactor the same way Wakanda guards Vibranium. It is an allegory for nuclear proliferation.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
$1.2 billion so far ...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...es-and-near-records-as-it-tops-600m-domestic/

Black Panther is popular, very, and it's making money, a lot of money.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I hate comic book movies, but Black Panther was the real deal.

that said, you can't pay me to go see the Avengers in a few weeks.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I thought the movie was totally boring. Thor was much better.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I hate comic book movies, but Black Panther was the real deal.

that said, you can't pay me to go see the Avengers in a few weeks.

One way or another you're going to see Avengers: Infinity War...there is no escape, it is futile, half billion dollars to make, Dr. Strange, and all the gang. :b

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I didn't like the first Avengers. Seriously, its all the same movie 100x with bigger fight scenes and explosions. Anytime I hear about the "graphics" or "cgi" I cringe. I stopped seeing comic book movies after the Dark Knight Rises (which was average). I haven't seen a Thor, Captain America, Ant Man, modern Superman, nor Hulk.

Guardians was decent. Again, totally different idea. Deadpool was awful.

I similarly just gave up on Star Wars and Star Trek in 2017. Hollywood has killed both franchises.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing