Can anyone compare the Lampizator Atlantic TRP and Big 7?

squirrelman

May 7, 2016
I'm looking at upgrading my dac and I love that nice tubey goodness, and really enjoyed my old Lampizator Euforia I have used in the past. My budget is really up to around $10k give or take so I've narrowed it down to the Big 7 and Atlantic TRP can anyone compare the differences in sound between the two if you've heard both?

If it helps I will be using a 300B set amp and a pair of Altec 604G in oversized 620 cabinets.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Hi;

Are you in the market for new unit only or used one fits the bill? Asking as for 10k you can get used GG2 which the owner can send to the factory for a detailed check up and you have 100% tip top unit. GG2 vs B7 is just a big step up in all sound departments.
If new unit is the only avenue I would say go with TRP as with proper tube set like Siemens f2a sounds stellar and will complement your 300B amps greatly.

Reactions: jonstine

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing