Celebrities remember Sidney Poitier following his death: 'One of the greats'

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
IMO one of the greatest leading man actors the industry has ever seen. Who can forget "Guess who's Coming To Dinner" or "They Call Me Mr Tibbs", or "To Sir With Love" or "Lillies Of The Field"

I cannot recall one bad film ever made by Sidney Poitier

Reactions: MRJAZZ and jeff1225

Recordsguy

Sep 6, 2015
I don't think he made a bad one, the first cool Black leading man who also did...[The Long Ships- For Love Of Ivy- Buck And The Preacher] one of the true greats of the silver screen.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Watched Sidney last night and what a beautiful person he was in all walks of life. One of my all time favourite actors, I could listen to him talk all night.
Well worth your time.

Reactions: Argonaut

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
He made amazing movies , i love" shoot to kill " with tom berenger

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing