Center Channel to use with Sunfire Cinemas for possible 3.1 set-up?

mburkstrand

Jan 17, 2022
Hi,

I am a relative audio newbie. I was gifted a pair of Sunfire Cinema Ribbon speakers. I am setting up a 3.1 Movie/TV system (with occasional music, but lower priority) in my Family room. I have an Onkyo DS575 receiver and a Yamaha SW100sub. Based on these gifted speakers, I am thinking of a couple of options and would like opinions/feedback.
  • Keep the Sunfire speakers, and try to find a center channel that matches. I can’t get the Sunfire center channel, unless I find it used, and even then that might be too expensive Are there other center channel recommendations that might work well with the Sunfires?
  • Move the Sunfires to a possible 2.1 system in my basement, and purchase a lower cost 3 speaker setup. I would prefer the smaller form factor, if possible (Wife prefers non-intrusive), of the Sunfires for the mains, as well as a lower profile center channel. Are there brand recommendations I should look at? Would like to stay under $300.
  • Attempt to sell the Sunfires, and use the profits to increase my budget for the 3 speakers. Would there be a market for the Sunfires? If I am able to increase the budget, then I will attempt to convince my wife that larger speakers (if recommended) would work.
Thanks again for your help. I understand that speaker preferences vary from person to person, but with all of the different manufacturers, would like to get a general idea of what works for a majority of people. I am not an audiophile by any means, and I don’t think I have a distinctive enough ear to differentiate between the lower and higher cost speakers.

Thanks for reading. Please let me know if you need additional information. -Mike

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing