Clarisys Audio at California Audio Show July 19 - 21, 2024

I'll be going tomorrow (Saturday) from Pleasanton.
Please report as an "old" (experienced) Apogee lover.

Just read that you already did. Thank you for that.

Last edited:
Please report as an "old" (experienced) Apogee lover.

Just read that you already did. Thank you for that.
How dare you call me old. At least you didn't call me ancient.

Picolo was a demonstration of force and proof of concept that these ribbons are SOLID. The dynamic performance of Picolo in a large room bodes well for the larger models that have lower excursions for the same dB levels.

In addition to having the nonpareil 80 to 300 Hz smoothness that seems to be unique to the older, especially double layer bass panels, I would estimate that there is at least a minimum 10 db dynamic superiority overall to any of the 'old' Apogees that I have heard. It's a 'gut' speaker as well as a 'head' speaker, it'll get that emotion. I don't know how much of that is just high execution vs. better efficiency, but I imagine it is both.

Amps were I guess rated at 100 watts, so how lower power amps or toobz would fare would be subject to experimentation.

Reactions: christoph
Reactions: Pokey77 and cjfrbw
I was able to attend the show on Saturday and was very impressed with what I heard from the Clarisys room.
I own horn speakers and have minimal experience with Planars, but these speakers played full range with dynamics and transparency that was surprising and enjoyable to me.
I also love the passionate story behind the speakers. IME the combination of competence and passion produce something special
Job well done!

Ron showed great personal restraint and discipline by NOT playing 'Fields of Gold' on infinite repeat. There was a good variety and selection of material on the table.

I was able to attend the show on Saturday and was very impressed with what I heard from the Clarisys room.
I own horn speakers and have minimal experience with Planars, but these speakers played full range with dynamics and transparency that was surprising and enjoyable to me.
I also love the passionate story behind the speakers. IME the combination of competence and passion produce something special
Job well done!
I am glad you liked the sound of the system!

Reactions: Glide3

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing