*Clarity" vinyl LPs and a wall of noise

i assumed most if not all here have been collecting for years, and years and the reissues merely represent filling holes or adding a special pressing of a beloved album. but im seeing different buyers, relatively new audiophiles starting a brand new vinyl collection paying $50 for records of old music thats still available on other formats at dirt cheap prices (used CDs for instance). i wouldnt spend $50 on a reissue of s '70s rock album of dubious sound quality to begin with but it seems thats what people want.

Well I've only gotten in jazz in the last couple of years so don't have many originals. So for me, these 45 rpm releases are going to be the best pressing I'll be able to afford. And they are darn good based on comparisons between 15 ips tape and the 45 rpm reissues. The LPs lose just a little of everything compared to the tape, but they are a darn good facsimile.

Ditto for me. I'm very much a Johnny Come Lately to jazz and I have around zero orginal pressings.

Mine does as well, and I picked up a few in the last year or so, but sorry guys...I'm all jazzed out for now. That's probably sacrilege for many an audiophile, but I can only take so much jazz.

How many times can you listen to Live at Massey Hall??

At least as many times as I can listen to Waltz For Debbie.

Different strokes, I suppose. I can, and have listened to Waltz for Debby many more times than I've listened to Jazz at the Pawnshop. I don't even own Jazz at the Pawnshop. Beautiful recording, but not my cup of tea.

Tim

I have had a satisfying experience (sound quality wise) with Classic Records Clarity Vinyl. Is it flawlessly quiet as expected, especially between tracks ? No. Are the records free of edge warp ? No. That said the master tape used to make the vinyl stamper is very good, imo. I have the entire Peter Gabriel series, both Duke with Louie boxes, Jethro Tull Aqualung, 3 copies of Louie St James Infirmary. Overall I am very happy with them and have not experienced noise issues to the point that would be annoying to me and I am pretty sensistive and adverse to noise. Classic Records definatley had a QC issue though. I use both a clamp and outer ring so my records spin flat. YMMV

I have had a satisfying experience (sound quality wise) with Classic Records Clarity Vinyl. Is it flawlessly quiet as expected, especially between tracks ? No. Are the records free of edge warp ? No. That said the master tape used to make the vinyl stamper is very good, imo. I have the entire Peter Gabriel series, both Duke with Louie boxes, Jethro Tull Aqualung, 3 copies of Louie St James Infirmary. Overall I am very happy with them and have not experienced noise issues to the point that would be annoying to me and I am pretty sensistive and adverse to noise. Classic Records definatley had a QC issue though. I use both a clamp and outer ring so my records spin flat. YMMV

My problem is not warped records or just noise between tracks. My problems is tons of noise during the tracks as well as between the tracks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing