Clearaudio TT2

markhof56

Feb 22, 2021
I just upgraded to the TT1 MI and its a major improvement to theTT2. A very slight slope is needed to keep the arm tracking. The arm is far more stable and grounded compared to the TT2. I do find myself adjusting VTA on most LPs; a 5 to 7 degree turn is enough to make a big difference. I am using the current Goldfinger Statement. Note that this is the second generation TT1 where the arm is underneath the glass travel tube; the original TT1 has the arm above the glass travel tube. I suspect this change lowers the center of gravity of the tonearm. With this upgrade I added the Master Innovation stand which works better than having the table on an HRS platform.

Reactions: bonzo75 and MRubey

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I just read MF's review of the VYGER and it requires a slight slope as well.
MF’s review is of the first vyger but yes it requires a slight downward slope for the inward drift, that is your levelling is set when it has a minor inward drift

Reactions: MRubey

MRubey

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2022
San Antonio Texas
MF’s review is of the first vyger but yes it requires a slight downward slope for the inward drift, that is your levelling is set when it has a minor inward drift
I appreciate that it was the initial effort.
The more I dig into it, the more impressive it becomes….and I’ve never seen one live, yet.
I think it’s probably true that if someone like Clearaudio or Acoustic Signature were to build what Pino is building, it would cost 2 to 3 x as much.
VYGER may be one of the best bargains in high end audio.
Ive been sharing ZD with my local friends. Good work. Thank you for that site.

Reactions: bonzo75

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
I first heard Clearaudio Statement around 2006 at local distributor with top linear tracking arm and cartridge. I’m not impressed with the sound, nor other audiophile friends. I heard it again a couple of years back but with another arm. Better but still not impressive. I wouldn’t lust for neither turntable nor the arm. IMHO there are better alternatives for the fraction of it’s cost.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing