Coming to America

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
True, Patek the KING is Swiss! Ha!
Do you live in Switzerland?
Are you a Patek owner? I used to collect them when I was younger. In fact I sold my collection to open my first audio shop.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Do you live in Switzerland?
Are you a Patek owner? I used to collect them when I was younger. In fact I sold my collection to open my first audio shop.

Yes and up until 3 years ago I lived 15 mins away from their HQ which is close to a major Rolex complex and the former Goldmund HQ. All in the Geneva suburbs.

Never owned a Patek....but then " one doesnt own a Patek, yadda, yadda". LoL

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Both of those companies are truly special and privately held which is not the normal in the watch business. I bought and sold pre-owned watches for a few years for a large internet company. They are however probably one and two in keeping their value in the second hand market.
My products are made to extremely high standards and the fit and finish is truly world class. I am not familiar with the product you mentioned never having the opportunity to see or hear it. I know they have an excellent reputation.
I do invite you when you get a chance to check out the Gobel line and I think you will find that although we don't make electronics, only speakers and cables, that the products are perfectionist made.
Don't believe the hype one does own a Patek there are plenty of them sold and traded weekly.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I prefer Vacheron to Rolex myself, stylewise. ...but I take your point.

I know Gobel makes jewelry, don't worry. So does Dart.

I think you didn't get my joke. The tag line for Patek is that ones does not own it, you merely guard it for succeeding generations. Thus I have never even been a guard. LoL

Is this the same bending wave tech from Manger?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I prefer Vacheron to Rolex myself, stylewise. ...but I take your point.

I know Gobel makes jewelry, don't worry. So does Dart.

I think you didn't get my joke. The tag line for Patek is that ones does not own it, you merely guard it for succeeding generations. Thus I have never even been a guard. LoL

Is this the same bending wave tech from Manger?
I'm sorry but I don't know what that refers too. That would be a question for Oliver Gobel.
I like Vacheron as well but the value is not the same as the other two second brands.

Last edited:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The speakers are patented and as I said these are questions for Oliver since I am not an engineer

Oliver Göbel

Industry Expert
Oct 9, 2017
Munich
www.goebel-highend.de
Hello Wisnon,

Many thanks for your question.
Our bending wave technology is totally different to the Manger technology.
Our patented Carbon Excellence Bending wave driver is a “stiff” bending wave loudspeaker and the Manger is a “soft” bending wave loudspeaker.
On the first sight, this doesn’t sound like a big different, but it is a big and fundamental difference, which lead to the advantages specified in our technology section.

Elliot was so nice and already liked in his last post the technology section of our website in this forum. Please follow the link and you will understand more of our unique solutions.

All the best,
Oliver

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Tango,

Elliot just delivered to me speaker cables, USB and a Power Cord. He hasn't yet heard it on my system as I have been burning them in for the last 4 days. We are going to have a listening session tomorrow.

Let me say that as to build quality, there is NO equal on the market today. They are truly a work of art.

As to sound, I will give a more formal opinion when I believe they are at their best in my system. Relative early impressions are "remarkable". The Gobel cables are replacing my Valhalla 2 for reference.

My speakers are the Nola Concert Grand Golds, for reference and my DAC is the MSB Select II, for reference.

Howie

Hi Priaptor.

What is your experience respect the Goebel Power cord?
I have an USB one and next week i'll recieve the Ethernet.
Now i'm testing a Vertere HB power cable. All the rest are Siltech. Emperor ii, Empress, RMii, Octopus,...
I've been aware only putting the Goebel PC on amps.
Have you connected it to your Select DAC? Coming from Nordost it seems a big different change.

Regards.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Hi Priaptor.

Now i'm testing a Vertere HB power cable. All the rest are Siltech. Emperor ii, Empress, RMii, Octopus,...
Have you connected it to your Select DAC? Coming from Nordost it seems a big different change.

Regards.

I can't give a "full" opinion as yet. The only power cord I have tried is to the Select II while I await two more for the CH Precision M1. I can say, there was a significant positive influence on the system when we put the Gobel PC in the system just on the Select II. I wasn't expecting any change to be honest as I have never noticed any significant change into my MSB with any other cable, positive or negative. This is the first PC that has added significant benefit to the MSB with its superb power base. It's main influence is in spatial detail which noticeable immediately. Like every other Gobel cable, I have been unexpectedly impressed on every count. This week I should have the 20 and 15 amp power cords for the amp which, now that I understand how good these things are, to be another quantum improvement. I will report back.

Incidentally I found this product and have Elliot getting a bunch as I think it will improve the connection to back of the MSB:

http://www.furutech.com/2017/10/11/15603/

Best
Howie

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Thanks for your answer.
It couldn't be more convenient.
I need it to my Esoteric D02X Dac or my TADC600 preamp.
I don't know if you are using the Select as Pre too.
Even i would try it on my Wadax Atlantis Server.
Are you using the Ethernet one too?
Power cable is the most important cable to me. Specially on sources.
If i'm not wrong, the Select is on the warm side, so if Goebel is working fine i can expect the same on my system.
Respect Furutech, i saw it. All my connectors are Furutech Rodhium/NCF.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Thanks for your answer.
It couldn't be more convenient.
I need it to my Esoteric D02X Dac or my TADC600 preamp.
I don't know if you are using the Select as Pre too.
Even i would try it on my Wadax Atlantis Server.
Are you using the Ethernet one too?
Power cable is the most important cable to me. Specially on sources.
If i'm not wrong, the Select is on the warm side, so if Goebel is working fine i can expect the same on my system.
Respect Furutech, i saw it. All my connectors are Furutech Rodhium/NCF.

I am indeed using the Select II as a Pre as well. Having compared it direct versus my ARC REF10, no comparison. The Gobel power cord makes a big difference and I can't wait to get two on the M1. I am not yet using the Gobel ethernet as yet. I am waiting till MSB releases their new "Roon Ready" to compare it to the USB module. However, whenever that occurs I will be trying his ethernet cables. His cables are also works of art. I am impressed and don't easily get impressed, although these days, with such amazing equipment being released all the time with all this new technology, I am getting impressed more and more. The construction, as you know is first rate.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Hello Wisnon,

Many thanks for your question.
Our bending wave technology is totally different to the Manger technology.
Our patented Carbon Excellence Bending wave driver is a “stiff” bending wave loudspeaker and the Manger is a “soft” bending wave loudspeaker.
On the first sight, this doesn’t sound like a big different, but it is a big and fundamental difference, which lead to the advantages specified in our technology section.

Elliot was so nice and already liked in his last post the technology section of our website in this forum. Please follow the link and you will understand more of our unique solutions.

All the best,
Oliver

Thanks for this.

I had a 10 minute chat yesterday with Daniela Manger (in Zurich) and she gave the same outline, but of course told me the advantages of the soft material over the DDD driver and other stiff material implementations. I know she has to damp, but avoid any manipulations on the audible range. She says her driver operates as a true bending wave (with propagation in concentric outward moving waves like water in a pond when a stone is dropped in) from 250hz to 45khz.

I will do some more reading on these interesting approaches.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
You describe the sound as "spatial detail".
I have reports that bass improvement is the most evident.
I think you are reffering to a better midrange aperture. Don't you?
Could you elaborate it?
I think any changes on you Select will be bigger compared to the amps.

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi Priaptor.

Regards.

I tried Goebel PC, Siltech Double Crown, Siltech Triple Crown. The Double Crown used to be my regular until now living with Tripple Crown. You mentioned you use the Double Crown pc. Goebel PC has advantages over the DC. Transient speed is better, energy transfer is better, denser and quieter with “black” background. It also expands sound making image size larger than the Siltech. One might be deceived of having bigger sound stage. When you demo it, your first impression will likely to satisfying. Try to live with it a few days and see if it fit your preference. Logic will tell you to stick best pc to amps. Although I am not much into digital, what I have seen most of the times excellent pc yield biggest delta with dac.

Kind regards,
Tang

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
You describe the sound as "spatial detail".
I have reports that bass improvement is the most evident.
I think you are reffering to a better midrange aperture. Don't you?
Could you elaborate it?
I think any changes on you Select will be bigger compared to the amps.

I think that in a way you are both describing similar changes. The spacial cues we hear are generated from low frequency and getting the bass and mid bass correct will generally give you a larger and deeper sound stage. It is also important to know that when you change one part of the sound it affects the other areas as well. what I mean by this is by cleaning up and extending the bass you will hear more detail and clarity in the other parts of the musical presentation as well. Having a bigger sound stage does not mean that the instruments or voices have to get unrealistically large. I prefer my systems to to disappear so that I get the sensation that the music is in my room not coming out from my speakers. So when we put the power cord into the MSB Select we heard greater clarity and dimension from the entire system not just more or deeper bass. The vocals for example were just simply holographic and you could hear the music and the spaces between just like you hear live. I hope this helps I know what I hear not sure I can express it perfectly :)
Regards,
Elliot

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
I tried Goebel PC, Siltech Double Crown, Siltech Triple Crown. The Double Crown used to be my regular until now living with Tripple Crown. You mentioned you use the Double Crown pc. Goebel PC has advantages over the DC. Transient speed is better, energy transfer is better, denser and quieter with “black” background. It also expands sound making image size larger than the Siltech. One might be deceived of having bigger sound stage. When you demo it, your first impression will likely to satisfying. Try to live with it a few days and see if it fit your preference. Logic will tell you to stick best pc to amps. Although I am not much into digital, what I have seen most of the times excellent pc yield biggest delta with dac.

Kind regards,
Tang

Hi Tango.

Thank you very much for your answer.
I only use DC from oultet to Octopus Silver/Gold. On my Classé Omega Monos, TAD C600 preamp and Esoteric D02X i'm using Ruby Mountain ii.
On my Wadax Atlantis Server i'm testing a Vertere HB Pulse power cord and my USB Cable is Goebel Lacorde Statement. Goebel Ethernet Lacorde Statement will be this week at home.
Siltech Emperor ii on TADs Ref1 with DC jumpers and Empress XLR both from DAC to Pre and Pre to Monos.
As you know RMii are less saturated than the DC and Vertere could be defined as English sound (a little diffuse midrange, bottom end controled but not heavy, etc...)
I hesitate to put another RMii or try the Goebel.
Obviously i have to test firts the Ethernet cable impact but Goebel PC and the new Acrolink PC-9700 could contribute to round the sound of my TADs Compact Reference because the Siltech style is on the rest of the chain.
I'm glad to know you are enjoying your Triple Crown also if i remember well, i lacks a bit of punch bass.

Greetings.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing