Corvette ZO6

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
I just read the link....The Z06 will be even wider than the standard Corvette? Deal breaker big time!
The stock Corvette is too wide and looks it in the flesh. GM really blew it with this car. It looks like a kit car
What they should have done is do a major refresh in looks, even if it is just for the ZO6.
Porsche has nothing to be concerned with.....

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
The width is functional, and it'll probably have at least 325 width rear wheels, they need to fit somehow.

A vast majority of people have been extremely impressed with the new Vette and it's certainly kicked it's stereotypes right out the door with tons of people wanting to own Vettes that would never have considered them before.

The Z06 is going to be real competition for the Porsche GT2 and GT3, and the ZL1 or Zora will be competitive with the GT2 RS.

With the Z06 starting at $80k, it's also a supercar I can realistically aspire to own one day, and will be without a doubt the best bang-for-the-buck sports car that has ever existed.

IMO, people need to experience the new GM performance cars, they are spectacular. The new Vette and Alpha chassis cars are competitive with anything from the Germans or Italians. I can post race results of my stock Camaro SS beating a field of about 20 BMW M-cars, beating Caymans and Boxsters, Audi RS3s, etc. All with a naturally aspirated motor and a manual trans, no farty turbos and no automatic gear shifting.

Reactions: christoph

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
I understand the functionality but the design sucks
The car looks like a coke bottle, everything from the C pillar on looks like an afterthought
Fat bottom Vette .....and lets be real, a Supercar it's not. Not even sure it's a sportscar. It has absolutely no elan....It looks exactly like were it comes from...the MidWest designed by a group of 50year old GM stalwarts who wouldn't recognize a great design if it hit them in the face.....the kind of guys who think they are cool ditching the tie for a button down white shirt and a Brooks Brothers blue sport coat....heck they couldn't even get the initial color pallet offerings right. Then there's the thought of having to deal with a Chevy dealer
And would you trust a GM motor at 9k rpm's?

I really wanted to jump in on the ZO6 but it's a new GT3 for me.....

• Haha
Reactions: rando

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Mid-Rear engine cars kinda all look the same... good performance, but uninteresting.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
The car looks like a coke bottle, everything from the C pillar on looks like an afterthought
Fat bottom Vette .....and lets be real, a Supercar it's not. Not even sure it's a sportscar. It has absolutely no elan....It looks exactly like were it comes from...the MidWest designed by a group of 50year old GM stalwarts who wouldn't recognize a great design if it hit them in the face.....the kind of guys who think they are cool ditching the tie for a button down white shirt and a Brooks Brothers blue sport coat....heck they couldn't even get the initial color pallet offerings right. Then there's the thought of having to deal with a Chevy dealer

You are entitled to your opinion, but don't get too upset at the Z06s passing your GT3, lol. :D

BTW, it's quite obvious you would never consider owning a Vette, and your rant about "the kind of guys" at GM is well... not classy is all I'll say.

Reactions: MRJAZZ and twitch

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I'd still rather have a Porsche any day, even if I got passed. Although I'd want a manual...

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa

utterly ridiculous ..............

i suspect it will show the Cayman GT4 it's tail lights for sure !

rando

Sep 22, 2019
The new Vette and Alpha chassis cars are competitive with anything from the Germans or Italians.

The same ones that openly declared they will desist in their efforts manufacturing vehicles to become design houses. You may not have noticed Europe's love affair with motorized vehicles drawing to a close. ;)

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
The same ones that openly declared they will desist in their efforts manufacturing vehicles to become design houses. You may not have noticed Europe's love affair with motorized vehicles drawing to a close. ;)

I haven't noticed that, no... but I have seen lots of promo material for the new Porsche RS3 and the new Ferrari Roma and F8 Tributo. And the new Lamborghini models, there's a new version of the Huracan and Aventador as well as a new SUV. The newest Audi EV is a RS model, which is their highest performing model. The Porsche Taycan EV is also getting a lot of interest. Hmm, seems like the performance car market is actually overrun with choices from European manufacturers. :p

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
utterly ridiculous ..............

i suspect it will show the Cayman GT4 it's tail lights for sure !
EXACTLY.......

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
have a listen to the prototype ..................

Nice! 600+ hp naturally aspirated, 9k rpm, sounds like a race car! Some could be ZL1 or Zoras too, I've heard ~800 hp w/turbos.

Those wheels and tires are huge, I'd bet 335 or 345/25/21 rears and 20" fronts. Modern tires are amazing. I'm running 315 all around for autox racing, similar size wheels on older cars require 6" fender extensions, lol... 1.3g peaks no problem. :)

Reactions: twitch

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing