Custom Cables Fabricated by Triode Wire Labs!

Triode Pete

Mar 1, 2016
Long Island, NY
www.triodewirelabs.com
Custom-made cables are always available from Triode Wire Labs, even though it's not stated on the TWL website.

I have a large inventory of "In-Stock" cryogenically-treated connectors, including the Neutrik PowerCons, Type A (NAC3FCA), Type B (NAC3FCB), 4-pin NC4MX & NC4FX as well as the large black, High Current 32A NAC3FC-HC. For speaker cables, I have top of the line Cardas connectors as well as Danny Richie's (GR Research) Tube Connectors (I have the mating speaker binding posts as well). For interconnects, I have my great-sounding RCA & XLR's, but also have super high quality 50 ohm & 75 ohm RCA's & BNC connectors. As far as traditional power cable connectors, I have a large inventory of super high quality Furutech & IeGO connectors for Europe, England/UK, Australia/NZ as well as for North American applications.

Pictured below is a custom "Digital American" cable set for a Netherlands customer of mine, featuring a variety of Neutrik connectors as well as a TRC (Technology Research, LLC) Shock Shield PRCD device. He's using it on a custom Blue Circle power conditioner. Also shown is a custom short set of shielded phono RCA interconnects.

Custom Cable 1.jpeg

Below are custom umbilical cables (2 different lengths) for a Modwright PH 9.0 Phono Stage...

Modwright PH 9.0.jpeg Modwright Umbilical Cable.JPG

Below is a 3m long REL subwoofer cable for an audiophile in Singapore...

3m REL subwoofer cable.jpeg

Another custom cable below, this one a unique version of my "Freedom" ethernet cable, but instead of two Telegärtner RJ45 connectors, there's only one and it's connected to a Oiyagai B074M3FRDP HDMI connector. It's for a high end optimal use of a NuPrime CDT-10 professional music CD transport I2S HDMI output (DoP256) into a Denafrips Terminator DAC, that has an I2S-B input (RJ45 input socket)...

RJ45 to HDMI cable.jpeg

Once again, another custom cable below. This time a "Spirit 50", a true 50 ohm digital cable with precise 50 ohm BNC connectors. This was custom-made for a customer in Chile, to connect a high-end master clock.

Spirit 50 ohm.jpeg

Below is a a Special Linear Power Supply DC Power Umbilical Cable, Cryogenically Treated, with an Oyaide DC-2.1G barrel connector to a low mass and low capacitance female XLR connector. This was for a HDPLEX 300W Linear Power Supply...

Oyaide DC-2.1G barrel connector to female XLR.jpeg

Below is a a HiFiMAN Adapter from an amplifier into a 4-pin XLR jack for headphones...

HiFiMAN Adapter to 4-pin XLR jack.jpeg

Below is a balanced female XLR connection to a single-ended RCA connection... NO ADAPTERS! Pins 1 & 3 are linked together, whereas Pin 2 is "hot" with the center pin on the RCA connector.

XLR to RCA.jpeg

Below is a "High Power Digital American" power cord fitted with a 32 amp-rated Neutrik PowerCon IEC connector. This one is headed to Hong Kong to be used on a custom PI Audio UberBUSS. I've also fabricated an "Obsession NCF" with the same PowerCon connector, used on a GigaWatt power conditioner!

32 amp PowerCon.jpeg

I have several more custom cables, such as a custom step up transformer made by "The Slaglemeister", Dave Slagle. In discussions with Dave, he favors going from mono back to left/right channels after the phono stage. This requires a Y cable between a transformer volume control and tube amplifiers. This one has a female XLR connector on the single source end of the cable and RCA connectors on the split amp end of the cable.

Still another custom cable, this time for a LG OLED CX48 flat screen TV.

I've also made special speaker cable jumpers for a horn system in Singapore as well as a pair of XLR Y-Adapters. Single female XLR to two male XLR connectors.

A special Y-umbilical cable to run from a Jeff Rowland Design Group PC-1 to provide power to two Jeff Rowland Model 201 mono amps. The Jeff Rowland PC-1 is an advanced external power rectifier and conditioner based on the same Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) technology incorporated in JRDG reference amplifiers.This Y-adapter cable features a high quality C14 IEC male connector to two high quality NEMA 5-20 female connectors.

I'll post additional pics later since I'm limited to 10 per post!

Cheers,
Pete

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Custom-made cables are always available from Triode Wire Labs, even though it's not stated on the TWL website.

I have a large inventory of "In-Stock" cryogenically-treated connectors, including the Neutrik PowerCons, Type A (NAC3FCA), Type B (NAC3FCB), 4-pin NC4MX & NC4FX as well as the large black, High Current 32A NAC3FC-HC. For speaker cables, I have top of the line Cardas connectors as well as Danny Richie's (GR Research) Tube Connectors (I have the mating speaker binding posts as well). For interconnects, I have my great-sounding RCA & XLR's, but also have super high quality 50 ohm & 75 ohm RCA's & BNC connectors. As far as traditional power cable connectors, I have a large inventory of super high quality Furutech & IeGO connectors for Europe, England/UK, Australia/NZ as well as for North American applications.

Pictured below is a custom "Digital American" cable set for a Netherlands customer of mine, featuring a variety of Neutrik connectors as well as a TRC (Technology Research, LLC) Shock Shield PRCD device. He's using it on a custom Blue Circle power conditioner. Also shown is a custom short set of shielded phono RCA interconnects.

View attachment 83220

Below are custom umbilical cables (2 different lengths) for a Modwright PH 9.0 Phono Stage...

View attachment 83221 View attachment 83222

Below is a 3m long REL subwoofer cable for an audiophile in Singapore...

View attachment 83223

Another custom cable below, this one a unique version of my "Freedom" ethernet cable, but instead of two Telegärtner RJ45 connectors, there's only one and it's connected to a Oiyagai B074M3FRDP HDMI connector. It's for a high end optimal use of a NuPrime CDT-10 professional music CD transport I2S HDMI output (DoP256) into a Denafrips Terminator DAC, that has an I2S-B input (RJ45 input socket)...

View attachment 83224

Once again, another custom cable below. This time a "Spirit 50", a true 50 ohm digital cable with precise 50 ohm BNC connectors. This was custom-made for a customer in Chile, to connect a high-end master clock.

View attachment 83225

Below is a a Special Linear Power Supply DC Power Umbilical Cable, Cryogenically Treated, with an Oyaide DC-2.1G barrel connector to a low mass and low capacitance female XLR connector. This was for a HDPLEX 300W Linear Power Supply...

View attachment 83226

Below is a a HiFiMAN Adapter from an amplifier into a 4-pin XLR jack for headphones...

View attachment 83227

Below is a balanced female XLR connection to a single-ended RCA connection... NO ADAPTERS! Pins 1 & 3 are linked together, whereas Pin 2 is "hot" with the center pin on the RCA connector.

View attachment 83228

Below is a "High Power Digital American" power cord fitted with a 32 amp-rated Neutrik PowerCon IEC connector. This one is headed to Hong Kong to be used on a custom PI Audio UberBUSS. I've also fabricated an "Obsession NCF" with the same PowerCon connector, used on a GigaWatt power conditioner!

View attachment 83229

I have several more custom cables, such as a custom step up transformer made by "The Slaglemeister", Dave Slagle. In discussions with Dave, he favors going from mono back to left/right channels after the phono stage. This requires a Y cable between a transformer volume control and tube amplifiers. This one has a female XLR connector on the single source end of the cable and RCA connectors on the split amp end of the cable.

Still another custom cable, this time for a LG OLED CX48 flat screen TV.

I've also made special speaker cable jumpers for a horn system in Singapore as well as a pair of XLR Y-Adapters. Single female XLR to two male XLR connectors.

A special Y-umbilical cable to run from a Jeff Rowland Design Group PC-1 to provide power to two Jeff Rowland Model 201 mono amps. The Jeff Rowland PC-1 is an advanced external power rectifier and conditioner based on the same Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) technology incorporated in JRDG reference amplifiers.This Y-adapter cable features a high quality C14 IEC male connector to two high quality NEMA 5-20 female connectors.

I'll post additional pics later since I'm limited to 10 per post!

Cheers,
Pete
They look spectacular.

• Love
Reactions: Triode Pete

Triode Pete

Mar 1, 2016
Long Island, NY
www.triodewirelabs.com
Some additional pics...
Below is a "Y-cable" between a Dave Slagle made transformer volume control and tube amplifiers. This one has a female XLR connector on the single source end of the cable and RCA connectors on the split amp end of the cable.

Slagle XLR to RCAs.jpeg

Below is a custom cable for a LG OLED CX48 flat screen TV.

LG TV power cable.jpeg

Below is special speaker cable jumpers for a customer's horn system in Singapore...

Speaker Cable jumpers CAB to Pins.jpeg

Below is a pair of XLR Y-Adapters. Single female XLR to two male XLR connectors...

TWL XLR Y-adapters.JPG

Below is a special Y-umbilical cable to run from a Jeff Rowland Design Group PC-1 to provide power to two Jeff Rowland Model 201 mono amps. The Jeff Rowland PC-1 is an advanced external power rectifier and conditioner based on the same Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) technology incorporated in JRDG reference amplifiers.This Y-adapter cable features a high quality C14 IEC male connector to two high quality NEMA 5-20 female connectors.

C14 to two NEMA 5-20.jpeg

Cheers,
Pete

Reactions: MarkusBarkus

Triode Pete

Mar 1, 2016
Long Island, NY
www.triodewirelabs.com
There does seem tube some discussion by a few members who feel rhodium creates a horrible sound, one of whom is one of my closest friends who refuses to have any cables with rhodium.
The main problem with quality (such as Cardas & Furutech) rhodium plated connectors is the TIME it takes to properly "burn-in" & "settle" into one's system. You need to have a lot of patience with quality rhodium plating (hundreds of hours!). Once properly "burned-in", it can be pretty amazing... I once dismissed all rhodium plating but after hearing some properly "burned-in" connectors, my judgment quickly changed!

My customer didn't want rhodium plating since he thought it was not compatible with his gold-plated Furutech receptacles and thought silver would be much better...

My $0.02,
Pete

Triode Pete

Mar 1, 2016
Long Island, NY
www.triodewirelabs.com
This time for a repeat customer who just purchased a dCS stack and needed a very flexible XLR cable to bend quickly to a right angle.

I used the great sounding, premium Cardas CG FXLR and CG MXLR XLR connectors in this custom application.

Cheers - Pete

Attachments

• IMG_1111.JPG
    IMG_1111.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: Steve Williams

Triode Pete

Mar 1, 2016
Long Island, NY
www.triodewirelabs.com
A trio of Digital American power cords fitted with NEMA 5-15R female connectors. These will be used to plug in audio-related "Wall Warts".

Special DA NEMA.JPG

Cheers,
Pete

Reactions: Audio 1

Rshaw

Jun 19, 2021
Just like to leave an ata boy for Triode wire labs Power Cable, Seven Plus. Just received above Power cord and installed yesterday, to a New Pass Labs x250.8 . I have several other power cables and assorted interconnects , speaker wire Etc, on what I consider to be a pretty nice system.
I am actually impressed, make that shocked that this New power cord delivered far more than ever anticipated. Some people will claim astronomical things and others maybe nothing. This cable shocked me in so far as adding so much more clarity, and definition. I actually expected a modest improvement over the stock cable provided. It is almost as if the door was half open and someone opened it all the way. Just that much improvement. Maybe my other components and cables are burning in and maybe the amp is starting to burn in (150hrs so far) but, a dramatic difference. Pete, Hope you read this, very impressed. For others reading this, No, I am not related. Robert TN

Triode Pete

Mar 1, 2016
Long Island, NY
www.triodewirelabs.com
This time a large set (7 pairs!) of custom speaker driver cables for a high-end horn system.

Two, 1m pairs – Crossover to Woofers
Two, 2m pairs – Crossover to Midrange Drivers
Two, 2m pairs – Crossover to Tweeters
One, 1m pair – Tweeter to Tweeter

1695162124668.png

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

Mar 1, 2016
Long Island, NY
www.triodewirelabs.com
This time for an audiophile & musician in Canada who needed a specific cable for his home studio, to connect between his Motu Audio device, and his Tube Headphone Amp.

It is a 2.5m long 1/4" Stereo Male connector at the Motu output, to two RCA (L&R) Male connectors at the Headphone amp inputs.

1:4%22 Stereo Phone connector.jpg

Cheers,
Pete

Reactions: Folsom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing