DaVa FC-A1 a field coil contender

Reactions: Hifi man
Thanks Leif. What is retail price on this arm? Best.

No thoughts of combining the Primary Control Field Coil arm w this DaVa field coil cart?

No thoughts of combining the Primary Control Field Coil arm w this DaVa field coil cart?
Hi Marc, yes of course. See post here: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/dava-fc-a1-a-field-coil-contender.30720/post-660270

With the field coil it gets even better, more like a tape being played. But in all fairness, i must say that i had a different phono cable then that does make a difference as well.
I will be recovering the field coil and the said cable in a week's time whereas this Reference tonearm will be taking its place at the dealer as i don't sell direct anymore in Belgium but through a dealer.
Only then, with all other factors being the same, i will be able to depict more precisely what the difference between both arms with the DaVa sounds like.

Thanks! It is the Reference model from Primary Control with a 10.5" Zebrano arm.

Very rewarding tonearm with plenty of adjustment possibilities, hardly visible to the eye, to eek the best from the cartridge.

That arm / cart looks really beautiful - congrats. Which power supply did you opt for?

Best.

That arm / cart looks really beautiful - congrats. Which power supply did you opt for?

Best.
I have both the standard ss psu and the tube psu. But due to circumstances, i have not yet been able to use/test the tube psu.
But your timing is perfect as just tonight i was planning on firing up the tube psu for the first time!

View attachment 72423
View attachment 72425
Brilliant playing!
Just need to find a more elegant fixation of the power supply cables to the tonearm ;-)
Hi Michel,

Just a little correction here, the arm wand material seen at the picture is snakewood.
Wouldn't use zebrano wood for an arm wand.

You might also try to increase the damping at the Reference tonearm. This led to good results with Decca cartridges and the DaVa could benefit from it too.

All the best,
Bernd

Hi Michel,

Just a little correction here, the arm wand material seen at the picture is snakewood.
Wouldn't use zebrano wood for an arm wand.

You might also try to increase the damping at the Reference tonearm. This led to good results with Decca cartridges and the DaVa could benefit from it too.

All the best,
Bernd

Beautiful arm, Bernd. Love the snakewood!

finally got my Garrard up and running again after some days maraton rebuild of riaa and installation of 2 new The Peak 12" arms in FR B-60VTA base on bronze armboards
signal from both mono (in gold arm) and stereo(in orange arm)goes through some great vintage Litzwire to custom DaVa mono and stereo x 50 SUT
sounds fantastic
here MONO DaVa SUT installed on rear of LCR RIAA...feeding both riaa channels
MONO DaVA SUT.jpg

complete Garrard 301 in CTC cnc´d chassis, Twogoodears bearing and 13,5kg bronze platter, TAKAI gunmetal mat, fully loaded Waynesaudio peripheral weigt in custom PeakHIFI/SMD slate plinth, powered by HAT regenpowersupply from Jaap Pees in HanzeHIFI in Zwolle, Netherlands
DV-505 on bronze base loaded with Rowland Complement cantileverless mc
20210207_165424.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing