Different Power Connectors on the Same Power Cable

Recently I started using a Sablon Prince and King power cable in my system. Both have Bocchino silver iec's and Furutech NCF Rhodium plugs.

I like a lot of what they do however the NCF plugs reduce image size and move the soundstage back a touch as well as some brightness/glassiness. HIstory has shown that this may not be the plugs causing this but something else such as the outlets in my Inakustik AC3500P filter that they are connected to. These outlets are the standard nickel plated type.

My comments are my experience in my system so ymmv : )

I'd like to hear from the folk that have experimented with outlets to match the Furutech NCF Rhodium plugs or what else might be the answer.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing