Digital Download Reference Thread

Clugar

Dec 17, 2012
Germany
Who's afraid of non-English languages?

I am surprised to see this French language download site to be rarely mentioned:

www.qobuz.com

It's easy to navigate even if you don't speak the language. As you may know, many English words have French/Roman roots.

Happy browsing!

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I am surprised to see this French language download site to be rarely mentioned:

www.qobuz.com

It's easy to navigate even if you don't speak the language. As you may know, many English words have French/Roman roots.

Happy browsing!

I haven't found any high-res there (that can be purchased by US customers) which isn't on other sites for the same price or less. It may be different for European purchasers.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Great content! I was not aware of such a large option of HD sites, thanks Lee/Amir!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

www.qobuz.com

Happy browsing!

---- Thank you sir for that link, et Bienvenue a WBF! :b

Bob

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Clugar

Dec 17, 2012
Germany
I haven't found any high-res there (that can be purchased by US customers) which isn't on other sites for the same price or less. It may be different for European purchasers.

I see... I wasn't aware, though that you expect only US-Americans to post on, and read this site.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Clugar,

We deeply appreciate your contribution! Understand that many members here have looked VERY extensively for websites that deal with audio. It's perfectly OK to post something that has already been discussed. Anyone who does so will usually be referred to the original discussion, which often provides even more information!

Lee

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I see... I wasn't aware, though that you expect only US-Americans to post on, and read this site.

Not at all, I was just mentioning that it will be of interest primarily to those outside of the US. Indeed, residents of many countries are unable to use HDTracks, which is often at the top of these sorts of lists.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Recent emails from Cookie Marenco (www.bluecoastrecords.com) state that they're offering 2XDSD downloads of some new recordings. For those of you with DACs that will do this, it would be great to get some opinions!

Lee

24bit

Jun 14, 2013
Sound Liaison

my favorite site is the small Label from Amsterdam, Sound Liaison.
Very small and only 5 albums so far, but in this case it is quality before quantity.
And it is 24/96 Wav only, true studio masters,one to one copies.
Highly recommended.
They are my new reference recordings.
http://http://www.soundliaison.com/
here is a quote from Rad Bennett's review in SoundStage!
Sound Liaison, producing recordings available only in 24-bit/96kHz downloads that mirror the master recording. And man, are they ever sweet. I've seldom heard recordings that were so successful in both performance and sound aspects.

Migo

Aug 10, 2013
my favorite site is the small Label from Amsterdam, Sound Liaison.
Very small and only 5 albums so far, but in this case it is quality before quantity.
And it is 24/96 Wav only, true studio masters,one to one copies.
Highly recommended.
They are my new reference recordings.
http://http://www.soundliaison.com/
here is a quote from Rad Bennett's review in SoundStage!

hi 24 bit
the sound liaison recordings are great.The sound stage is incredible.
thx for posting!

24bit

Jun 14, 2013
Carmen Gomes

no problem.
check this video.It is a different version than the one on the album,but very beautiful.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
www.Petergabriel.com has been selling CD's of all his live concerts for over a decade. Now, along with the 2 CD's for $25 you get a true 24/96 download with minimal compression and nothing close to peak limiting.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
www.Petergabriel.com has been selling CD's of all his live concerts for over a decade. Now, along with the 2 CD's for $25 you get a true 24/96 download with minimal compression and nothing close to peak limiting.

Interesting. Then why did he remaster SO and Live in Athens at 48 Khz?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing