DMA 360 and 80M

ougo

Jul 7, 2011
Hello,

I use Spectral DMC30/DMA 360 with an "old pair" of JBL K2 S9500. Some people consider that these speakers give their best with biamping.
I also have in stock 2 DMA 80M (mono version of DMA80) and if I find a second pair of MIT cable, I will be able to test this schema.

Does someone know if these both amps have the same gain? I found nothing on Spectral website.
And about the DMC30 output, will I have the same level on RCA and XLR?

If noone know, I will test it by myself and report the results here, but it's not so easy to dismantle my system for this kind of tests.

Thanks for all
Regards

Ugo

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Ugo,

I will be very interested in the results of your experiment. Will you be driving the power amps straight out of your DMC 30 or do you plan to put an external crossover with its own volume control between the DMC 30 and the power amps?

Sam

ougo

Jul 7, 2011
Hello Sam,

Just a DMC30 and DMA360/80M, nothing else. It's the reason why the gain at amp level is important.
You can connect directly the upper woofer of the K2 on an amp and the other one, will drive the lower one and the horn through the crossover.
I want to keep something "basic", nothing related to active biamp. My concern is that I don't want to buy another set of speaker cables if the gains are not the same.

May be I could do a test in mono. Just need time to organize that.

Thanks

Ugo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing