Do Mobile Fidelity Vinyl Re-issues Have a Digital Step in the Process?

86249947-89C2-428A-8E0D-83497368417A.jpeg

Now this is a professional corporate response! It also happens to be, in my opinion, exactly the correct response for Mobile Fidelity to regain the trust and confidence of consumers.

It is a great decision to implement a new policy to provide transparency looking backward for prior and existing releases, and to provide transparency going forward for new releases.

Bravo Jim Davis!

Last edited:
I think it’s wonderful that Mobile Fidelity is doing what I believe to be exactly the right things to remedy the past misleading statements and marketplace confusion, and to renew its re-issue business based on honesty and transparency going forward.

I look forward to Mobile Fidelity delivering on these promises.

Reactions: Audire
So strops and sulks over now for folks? No junking of records onto eBay?
I can envisage a large drop in orders for the immediate future and in particular for those sourced from digital. Used prices of the digitally sourced are likely to be quite poor relatively in future years at a guess.

I think it’s wonderful that Mobile Fidelity is doing what I believe to be exactly the right things to remedy the past misleading statements and marketplace confusion, and to renew its re-issue business based on honesty and transparency going forward.

Wonderful it may be but doesn’t detract from the gross deceit for years and years. Company reputation will be hugely damaged.

MOFI Curtis Mayfield Super Fly 45 rpm. All analog cut form the tape to the lathe. That's nice to know. I do not have this LP, but those that do have it can sleep easy.

MOFI Curtis Mayfield Super Fly 45 rpm. All analog cut form the tape to the lathe. That's nice to know. I do not have this LP, but those that do have it can sleep easy.

Hi Dan - how do you know - have they already updated this on their site?

They actually updated the information on their website. The updates are spotty on random titles. It will be nice if they can provide a consolidated list when they complete the disclosure.

Yes I was looking just now and saw no obvious way to know whether they had updated it or not.
They should share a list as you say.

We will see after the fat lady sings in real analogue.

Hopefully, MoFi wI’ll honor their word this time around.

So strops and sulks over now for folks? No junking of records onto eBay?

Hard to say, people have got used to the idea of becoming rich ...

MoFi eBay prices did not drop!

Mobile Fidelity’s updates to its website indicate that Carole King Tapestry and Bridge Over Troubled Water and Eagles Eagles use a digital master. So I will be keeping those on eBay for sale.

I applaud Mobile Fidelity for immediately getting to work on updating its website to provide transparency on individual titles.

Last edited:
Mobile Fidelity’s updates to its website indicate that Carole King Tapestry and Eagles Eagles use a digital master. So I will be keeping those on eBay for sale.

I applied Mobile Fidelity for immediately getting to work on updating its website to provide transparency on individual titles.
Tapestry is 1/4" analog master to DSD64, and Eagles S/T is 1/4" analog master to DSD 256.

https://mofi.com/collections/ultradisc-one-step/products/eagles-eagles-ultradisc-one-step
https://mofi.com/collections/ultradisc-one-step/products/carole-king-tapestry

Last edited:
Hard to say, people have got used to the idea of becoming rich ...

MoFi eBay prices did not drop!

Actually, eBay prices are going down and the inventory is increasing substantially for one steps.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing