Do TAD owners generally Biwire? I had quite a revelation.

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
I have been bi-wiring for so many years I didn’t have much experience with single wire on my CR1’s, which I’ve owned for over 12 years.

I actually quad wire, since I run subs at high level and an electrostatic super tweeter as well, from 2 pairs of binding posts on my amps.

I recently reviewed the AGD Audion GAN amps for The Absolute Sound’s YouTube channel

Due to the amps single binding posts and only having banana plugs on the Iconoclast speaker cables I use, I had do the review single wire and use the jumpers TAD provides.

Once the review was over, I just left the BHK amps hooked single wire for a few weeks, using the Iconoclast top series 2 cable which usually just powers the concentric driver. I thought there might even be a benefit since the woofer was being fed by a better cable than the series 1 which is used with biwire.

After switching back to Biwire, I couldn’t believe how much better the entire spectrum sounded. Less congested! Iconoclast actually recommends the combo of series 2 on top, series 1 on bottom, claiming it flattens out the impedance (beyond my understanding of such things)

What have other TAD owners found?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing