Esoteric N-05XD query

wrxsti

Feb 3, 2023
Hi all..

I've been lurking around for a a few years now. And mustered the courage to sign up today.

I've mostly been spinning vinyl or discs for the last few years. And just dipping my toes into streaming. I would like to keep it simple with a all in one box. And the esoteric N-05XD appeals to me as a esoteric fan boy. It helps that it will match my esoteric K-01 spinner aesthetically.

Owing to my remote location, I will have to buy blind without an audition. So been looking up on the net for reviews or user feedback as part of my due diligence. But information if any, is sparse, apart from a smattering of chatter on a few forums.

So thought I'd post here to dig up the combined wisdom and experience of the fine people here.

Despite the addition of streaming as a convinience, and a tool for new musical discoveries. I also want the new streaming dac to uplift my CD playback. Thus the plan is to feed the coaxial output from the esoteric K-01 into the N-05XD. And sync them with a cybershaft OP21A or a Grimm CC1 clock. Well that's the plan for starters. And that probably rules out the lumin P1 sadly.

I like a big smooth sound with excellent detail and imaging. And I prefer to keep my sources neutral adding the required warmth with my choice of cabling, amplification and speakers.

The esoteric N-05XD, will feed my existing T+A active preamp or MFA passive. And I currently use power amps with 845 tubes with a hint of warmth , though I also have some highly coloured EL34 and 300B amps for the odd euphonic evening to go with a glass of my favourite red.

My speakers are DIY, and were built to suit my musical requirements by a knowledgeable gentleman. They are smooth and deliver the emotional connect that is important to me. They can handle a lot of resolution without loosing the music in the details. Hence my quest for a resolving dac.

Fondly hope the above serves as my introduction to all you fine gentlemen, and a big thanks in advance for any forthcoming experience or opinions on the esoteric N-05XD.

Thanks and best regards
MikeY

etunes

Jan 8, 2012
Virginia Beach
A belated welcome.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing