Esprit Cables

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Please share with us your findings regarding the Volta vs. the octopus…..( sounds like a James bond title….LOL)….
had one of the early octopus models years ago and it was quite good in filtering out noise from the ac line….curious how the Volta measures up.

felipe91

May 23, 2022
Hello,

happy new year to all!

Does someone know which was the first version of EUREKA power chord (probably in 2017)? was it Generation 7 or G8? today, it's G9.
thank you

Philippe

Alex Peychev

Dec 29, 2013
Bulgaria
www.aplhifi.com
Hello,

happy new year to all!

Does someone know which was the first version of EUREKA power chord (probably in 2017)? was it Generation 7 or G8? today, it's G9.
thank you

Philippe

Happy New Year!

The first version was G8 and now it is G9.

As far as I know, the difference is in the shielding and isolation arrangements.

Alex

felipe91

May 23, 2022
Thank you Alex.
is the difference noticeable between eureka G8 and G9 powercords?
is Eureka G8/G9 powercord stiff and heavy?
Philippe

Alex Peychev

Dec 29, 2013
Bulgaria
www.aplhifi.com
Thank you Alex.
is the difference noticeable between eureka G8 and G9 powercords?
is Eureka G8/G9 powercord stiff and heavy?
Philippe

You are welcome, Philippe.

As with all Esprit cables, the difference is always there.

The Eureka is heavy but not very stiff. It is on the flexible side. I have Gaia and L' Esprit here and they are also flexible.

Alex

Reactions: joaovieira

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
My goal for 2023. With Esprit Eureka power cords I’ll have all cables Eureka.

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Received this afternoon a loom of ESPRIT EUREKA CABLES- xlr interconnects, speaker cables and several cords in 15 amp.
cold, out of the box , the sound was …..luxurious!
it has been a rare occasion in my 30+ years in this hobby that I would be so enamored with cables and what they bring to the sound.im Beyond pleased.

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Stereophonic, yes I for years have used Siltech almost exclusively…..
but in the last 2-3 years or so I found that their sound has become more sterile and less musical.
the esprit cables have filled up that gap in a significant way.

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Can anyone shed some light on the nova panel- technology, intended purpose , placement and reported results?

Alex Peychev

Dec 29, 2013
Bulgaria
www.aplhifi.com
Can anyone shed some light on the nova panel- technology, intended purpose , placement and reported results?
As I've mentioned before, the Nova technology is proprietary. It has to do something with dielectric polarization. The result is obvious and can be easily heard. The soundstage notably expands, the tonality becomes more natural. It works great. I've tried to move the Nova around the room, but didn't notice much of a difference. It is now placed to the side of my left speaker. Hope this helps.

Reactions: ozy

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
From Audio Exotics forum:

“Anton Bruckner was afraid of asking the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra to premier the Symphony No 7, which turned out to be his most successful ever. His stardom would vanish if the Vienna establishment did not endorse it. Indeed, the Vienna authority sneered it but it won the love of the public. The second movement of Symphony No.7 was played everywhere in memory of Bruckner after his death.
Richard of Esprit from France would like to know my opinion on his flagship creation - L’Esprit, which is above the existing pinnacle on the catalogue - Gaia. It has been increasingly difficult for me to evaluate in audiophile language ever since I met Aaron Kwok (Asia’s King of Dance) who co-wrote “Kwok’s 8 Principles” with me. It was published in April in Chinese language. I had not translated it into English version yet. I will do so soon when time permits.

The evaluation criteria goes beyond the conventional domain of imaging, soundstage, and mid range warmth etc. As technology progresses, our listening criteria must improve in tandem. For instance, diction of any vocalist must be clear regardless of image precision. The lyrics communicates musicality with the listener, whereas the holographic imaging satisfies the sensational aspect of listening, which is nice, but we should demand more. We focus more on communication amongst instrumental groups because physical separation of them does not speak musicality. We want to listen to the wholesomeness of the performance. Radiation of energy is also a new criteria for evaluation. Without energy penetrating through the body in a controlled manner, there is no musicality, especially the bass. When I met Stirling Trayle two years ago, he told me the same. Aaron told me the same from his decades of experiences performing on stage.
Under such new criteria, I do not want to amplify the merits of any cable in any system because it is the holistic management intelligence that matters. Against such context, the evaluation of a single power cable has become a very challenging job.
There are some very great power cables under my portfolio. This includes Argento FMR EE, Dalby’s Kyuko, Skogrand’s Stravinsky, and Ikigai’s Kangai S. Now comes the L’Esprit. I see each of them as essential ingredient in making a cuisine. The choice of cuisine dictates what ingredients to be deployed. From this perspective, the L’Esprit is the finest ingredient for the cuisine of Symphony. And I can tell Richard must be a symphonic lover even I had not talked with him ever before. Audiophiles usually concern smoothness of high frequency particularly on the violin. I rarely encounter them demanding triumph blasts of brass instruments such as horn and tubas.

The connection of the L’Esprit power cable from the Pranawire Cloud 9 AC distributor to the wall immediately required me to lower the gain of the Synaestec Igniculus phono stage from medium gain of 67db to low gain of 62db. All electronics are plugged into the JMF PCD 102 35th Anniversary Edition before going into the Cloud 9. In other words, the L’Esprit powers up the whole system. Everything is grounded to 2 x Tripoint Troy Elite NG. Ground cables include Kangai, FMR EEE and Dalby Kyuko.

After a week, I was totally engulfed by symphonic energy. I could easily follow the glorious, deeply felt beginning in C sharp minor for Wagner tubas and string. The appreciation of Bruckner Symphony No. 7 reached a new height. The 2nd movement transcends emotion timelessly. I understand gradually why the public chose to remember Bruckner by it. The music does not only praise God, it also exemplifies the serenity of conscience, the grandeur of Mother Nature, down to the pure joy of a countryman. The orchestra under Otto Klemperer pacifies my soul. It is a tremendous experience.
I also played the last session of Noye’s Fludde by Benjamin Britten. The children sang in unison to bless Noye’s final destination arrival. The character of the children is distinct and outspoken with different ascent. The voice of God remains thunderous and yet inviting. The grandeur of the whole act is enormous in energy heightening my emotions to share the joy of their safe arrival to the promised land. I didn’t feel like listening to a reference recording because I was actually watching a play traveled back in time.

Should I apply other top power cables in the same position, it has become slightly more difficult for me to discern the joy of children off boarding the boat and the inviting posture of the God towards the very end. There was no loss of resolution here. But I reckon the dramatic improvements come from differentiation of energy at the microscopic level such as the diction energy of different child, all the way to the macro level triumphed by the powerful organ and horns. The contrast in energy radiates musicality. That is phenomenal.
For symphonic cuisine, the L’Esprit is definitive. This is also a function of one’s understanding of music. I am learning everyday. Other top cables will perform well in other positions. I discourage drawing conclusions so easily by ABAB in the same position when all other things are held constant.

Aaron Kwok told me Divin Lab is for Symphony playback. It won’t show off its true potential by playing pop and rock music. If we don’t understand the strength of the system and choose the wrong music to test electronics/accessories/cables, the conclusions are meaningless. No system however high the price tag would play everything musically correct.

Richard, you don’t have to be afraid like Anton Bruckner before his premier of Symphony No.7, because I am sure many would endorse the L’Esprit power cable.

Chris Leung”
Hello

has your Cloud 9 Shüko outlets? standard version is in Bocchino US.

Thank you

Philippe

Porsche

Apr 22, 2023
I use all eureka in my Burmester system, love them, neutral cables

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Stereophonic, yes I for years have used Siltech almost exclusively…..
but in the last 2-3 years or so I found that their sound has become more sterile and less musical.
the esprit cables have filled up that gap in a significant way.
I find Eureka line “sweet spot” in Esprit line.
I’ve changed too all my Royal Signature Cables by Gaia ones in my system.

Last edited:

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hello

has your Cloud 9 Shüko outlets? standard version is in Bocchino US.

Thank you

Philippe
Pranawire Cloud 9 picture is from Audio Exotics.
I’m sure Cloud 9 will be available with schuko outlets but in the meantime, this unit is the only one i’ve seen until now.

Reactions: PhP

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Planning to upgrade PCs in my music server room. The LPS and Power Conditioner PCs to Esprit cables. Music room already already has full Esprit loom, but the SERVER room has been neglected. The Power Conditioner and LPS are both using Shunyata's (Venom V10). Curious if anyone has upgraded from the Shunyatas to the Esprit and what the result was?

I would guess even the Esprit Celesta would be a step up from the Shunyata Venom?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing