failing logo on Spectral amp

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Hi,
I had heard before that the shining Spectral logo on the amps is prone to fail after a few years. And now it happened to one of my 360s. :( .
My questions: is this problem easily fixed, is it a forboding sign of troubles in the near future and.....eh...if it is a known problem...eh...why not build it in another way (led-light)? I know, I know...sacrilege;). Still, love me Spectrals :D
Wim

msm_1

Jun 20, 2010
Hi

The same has happened to one of my DMA200's. I was told that the electro lumanescant filament is prob. burnt out and no longer available, due to age. Your amps are newer so you should check, but prob sure that the part is available still.
Good Luck!!

Mike

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi nirodha,

I had the same experience a long time ago on one of my Spectral amps. I just changed the light to something that would work since without the light, I could not tell whether the amp was on or not. Everything worked flawlessly after the change. Based on my experience, I don't think it is a sign of future troubles to come. These are also very rare cases as I only experienced it once given the Spectral amps I have used/owned. Perhaps you can check with your dealer or the Spectral factory to get their feedback.

msm_1

Jun 20, 2010
Hi Mullard88

What light did you use? I maybe interested in trying to wire something up.

Thanks

Mike

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Thank u all. You know, I just wished the other mono block`s logo would fail ;-) Because its shining light is the only proof that the other one has a problem! By the way, the little green light near the on/off switch still works so I know when it is turned on. Will check with my dealer just to be sure. Thanx again!

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi msm_1,

I used a 6 volt pilot light. But doing this will cause you to lose any chance of having future repairs done by the factory.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing