First Foster Fuzzies of 2022

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I realized today when I came on to post about my first lot for 2022 that I did not post 3 other litters in 2021! When Genesis moved to Woodinville in 2021, I started fostering for a brick and mortar dog & cat shelter with their own vets and clinic. Fostering became a true revolving door. Where I had to wait my turn with the small rescue and often spent weeks in between litters, the fostering experience has been back to back! (Also because I'm a workaholic and can't say no when kittens need fostering) I also got their less socialized kittens which needed more time from me.

But without further ado, these are the Koh Kittens (shelter designation :D) and thanks to a friend who came over to cuddle kittens, are Felicia, Wednesday and Portia.

Rumble.jpg
Rumble! Felicia who weighed a whole 1lb 12oz wrestling with her baby sister Portia who was only 1lb 4oz. At about 6 weeks.

Portia.jpg
Portia - this little girl likes getting under the covers. Scare me to death one day when I got home and could not find her. I kept hearing this distressed mewing, opened all closet doors, chest of drawers, looked under the bed, was worried that she had somehow gotten behind the wall / in the ductwork. Found her inside the pillowcase with a pillow.

Wednesday.jpg
Wednesday on a cool Sunday morning, napping in bed with me after breakfast - see that nice full belly! (I had climbed back in to read).

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
They are growing by leaps and bounds. All are over 2lbs now. With the littlest - Portia, just making 2lbs. They get their first shots Thursday.

Portia - chest sitter.jpg
Portia - I actively discourage kittens from sitting on shoulders/chests. It might be cute when they are 2lbs. Not so much when they are 12lbs.

cuddle-puddle.jpg
Cuddle puddle with Daisy on a cold day. It hasn't warmed up yet here in Seattle!

cuddle with Baer.jpg
They do love their Uncle Baer. I call them his entourage as they follow him everywhere. :D

• Love
Reactions: timztunz

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
The kittens have been spayed. They received a long-acting pain shot after surgery which made them hyper. I always laugh at the post surgery instructions they give us foster parents.

"Your foster cat needs time to rest and heal. Do not allow rough play, running, or jumping for the next 5 days. Anything you can do to reduce the activity level of your pet will assist with healing."

They were bouncing off the ceiling, tipped over the basket of cat toys, scattered toys all over the house and finally only calmed down enough to nap last night. Today, they are behaving normally, which is "eat, poop, zoomies around the house, nap" - rinse, repeat.

Wednesday1.jpg
Felicia1.jpg

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Do those things turn into cats, or stay cute and cuddly.

• Haha
Reactions: carolkoh

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing