Footers for VSA Endeavor E-3 Mk IIs?

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
I am considering adding footers to the outriggers on my E-3 Mk IIs. I am currently using factory spikes on carpet with a wood sub-floor but I am considering relocating the speakers to a larger space which will have carpeting and padding over a concrete floor. Would the concrete subfloor offer an advantage using spikes? I'm not sure that I would go with Center Stage due to the cost, so it would be IsoAcoustics or something of that ilk.

Any insights on this?

pevan

Aug 9, 2022
I am using Townsend seismic podium. A pid tricky to move onto the podium, but once it is there - you can play louder, as expected imaging is even better, and mainly the bass (midbass) will get attack. No vibration going into the floor, and vice versa.

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
I am using Townsend seismic podium. A pid tricky to move onto the podium, but once it is there - you can play louder, as expected imaging is even better, and mainly the bass (midbass) will get attack. No vibration going into the floor, and vice versa.

They are quite pricey. Are they available in the US to your knowledge?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I am considering adding footers to the outriggers on my E-3 Mk IIs. I am currently using factory spikes on carpet with a wood sub-floor but I am considering relocating the speakers to a larger space which will have carpeting and padding over a concrete floor. Would the concrete subfloor offer an advantage using spikes? I'm not sure that I would go with Center Stage due to the cost, so it would be IsoAcoustics or something of that ilk.

Any insights on this?
Not only Center Stage but specifically their LS series. Fortunately for you your outrigger is perfect as adapters fit The other good news for you is VSA Is the distributor of the LS series so ask Damon if he would loan you two sets with adapters. I do have a bias as I represent the product. I have my speakers off the Wilson diodes and sitting on LS 1.5’s. I won’t say more. Suffice it to say you should audition them. I heard your speakers E3 and E 5 Mk1 at Leifs house a few years ago and loved them. FWIW Joe told me that sonically he preferred the sonic improvement better with the LS Series under the outrigger than under the speaker. Mine are under the speaker and I use 4 per channel. You should only need 3 per channel with the outrigger. Do give Damon a call

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
Not only Center Stage but specifically their LS series. Fortunately for you your outrigger is perfect as adapters fit The other good news for you is VSA Is the distributor of the LS series so ask Damon if he would loan you two sets with adapters. I do have a bias as I represent the product. I have my speakers off the Wilson diodes and sitting on LS 1.5’s. I won’t say more. Suffice it to say you should audition them. I heard your speakers E3 and E 5 Mk1 at Leifs house a few years ago and loved them. FWIW Joe told me that sonically he preferred the sonic improvement better with the LS Series under the outrigger than under the speaker. Mine are under the speaker and I use 4 per channel. You should only need 3 per channel with the outrigger. Do give Damon a call
Thanks, Steve. I will give Damon a call.

mountainjoe

Industry Expert
Mar 25, 2015
Bay Area, California
eigenaudio.com
I have the LS 0.8 footers under a pair of E3 MKII speakers (I carry them as a VSA dealer). Previously had the GAIA I footers under these and the LS 0.8 are a major step up from the GAIA’s - improved transient response and decay, clarity in the mids (vocals especially), and articulation in the bass. They do take quite some time to fully settle in but are well worth it to complement an already great sounding speaker.

I also have a set of LS 1.5 footers under a pair of Ultra 55 speakers and the improvement was notable across all of the dimensions I mention above (also had GAIA footers under these originally but also tried some Stillpoints).

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
I have the LS 0.8 footers under a pair of E3 MKII speakers (I carry them as a VSA dealer). Previously had the GAIA I footers under these and the LS 0.8 are a major step up from the GAIA’s - improved transient response and decay, clarity in the mids (vocals especially), and articulation in the bass. They do take quite some time to fully settle in but are well worth it to complement an already great sounding speaker.

I also have a set of LS 1.5 footers under a pair of Ultra 55 speakers and the improvement was notable across all of the dimensions I mention above (also had GAIA footers under these originally but also tried some Stillpoints).
Great feedback. Thanks.

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
Do you have them on the outriggers? Apparently there are adapters to fit the threaded mounts for the spikes?

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
I just found your reviews, Joe, and the VSA video on the LS systems. Thanks for your help.

Steve Williams

I just found your reviews, Joe, and the VSA video on the LS systems. Thanks for your help.
You’ll be doing yourself a disservice not to try the LS footers under your outrigger

Reactions: WLP3

pevan

Aug 9, 2022
They are quite pricey. Are they available in the US to your knowledge?
I do not know about availability of Townshend brand in US. Yes, it is pricey ... and yet it requires the space around. Anyway, This is almost full decoupling, the speaker "hangs" in the space if you know what I mean. Speaking about the price, the best footers probably would cost the same. If you are still interested, you may email them about US availability and possibility to try it. My comparison to 'footers' is more attack and the precision of the instrument allocation in the space.

mountainjoe

Industry Expert
Mar 25, 2015
Bay Area, California
eigenaudio.com
Do you have them on the outriggers? Apparently there are adapters to fit the threaded mounts for the spikes?
Yes they are on the outriggers - easy to take off the stock cones and thread in the LS footers as they are the same thread size.

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
Couple of questions regarding the LS footers:

I will likely be moving my speakers to a space with carpet and heavy padding over a concrete slab. Would I need to place some sort of base on the squishy carpeting for the footers to rest on that is more solid, or can they rest directly on the carpeting?

During the break-in period can I use a different amp for the settling in process rather than having my tube amp on 24/7 for weeks at a time?

If I decide to change speakers, I would assume that I could move the footers to the new speakers providing that they meet the weight parameters for the footers?

Steve Williams

Couple of questions regarding the LS footers:

I will likely be moving my speakers to a space with carpet and heavy padding over a concrete slab. Would I need to place some sort of base on the squishy carpeting for the footers to rest on that is more solid, or can they rest directly on the carpeting?

During the break-in period can I use a different amp for the settling in process rather than having my tube amp on 24/7 for weeks at a time?

If I decide to change speakers, I would assume that I could move the footers to the new speakers providing that they meet the weight parameters for the footers?
The LS footer can indeed rest on carpet. Mine do. The spike for the LS foot sits inside the saucer that comes attached with the footer

Sure you can use a different amp. I am all tubes as well. I play only 8 hours per day in the settle in. The LS footers settle very quickly IME. Yes you can move them to new speakers but there will be a settle in once again

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
The LS footer can indeed rest on carpet. Mine do. The spike for the LS foot sits inside the saucer that comes attached with the footer

Sure you can use a different amp. I am all tubes as well. I play only 8 hours per day in the settle in. The LS footers settle very quickly IME. Yes you can move them to new speakers but there will be a settle in once again
Thanks, Steve. Looking forward to giving these a try!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing