Tone Arm and Cartridge for Dohmann 2 Mk. 3 Turntable

what is the point of the Minus K isolation being incorporated into the turntable? The Minus K isolation platforms supposedly isolate down to 1.5Hz horizontal natural frequency and our signature 0.5 Hz vertical natural frequency.

seems crazy that you can walk over to the table and the arm skips.

Good luck in getting it fixed.
I find the Minus-K to be an incomplete product that’s incredibly difficult to adjust. The turntable’s center of gravity needs to be perfectly aligned with the center of the Minus-K platform, but it’s nearly impossible to balance the springs both vertically and horizontally. The manual is unhelpful, and the support I received over the phone was equally vague—much worse than bouncing instructions for the Linn LP-12. Please don’t think I’m inexperienced or clumsy; I’m quite skilled with setups like this. However, balancing the springs to achieve absorption down to 0.5Hz is exceptionally challenging.

In my opinion, the Minus-K should be built to fit each specific unit, considering both size and weight distribution, and it should come pre-adjusted from the factory using the proper tools.

You
I am in the process of purchasing a new Dohmann 2, Mk. 3 Turntable. I have not decided upon an arm or cartridge as of yet and was hoping that some of you are familiar enough with the Dohman 2 Turntable to offer suggestions and the reasons for your suggested tone arms and/or cartridges. I am currently using a Boulder 508 phono preamp, but am considering moving up to the Boulder 1108 phono preamp for more cartridge flexibility (I would really like to go to 2108, but cannot justify the cost). The phono preamp goes into a Boulder 1110 pre amp, into a Boulder 1160 amp and into the new Magico S3 speakers. Any guidance/suggestions would be appreciated, especially with the reasons for said suggestions. Thank you.
You need the Supatrac and a DS Audio Grand Master EX and also a proper alignment using Measurements from your table and not Voodoo Magic. Private message for information ,PM

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu