FTA (Final Touch Audio) Callisto USB cable

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Yes , I know only one which goes even further , it ‘s a Polish Apricity usb cable , but it’ s much more expensive and unfortunately does not work with Pacific, I was told a kind of errors control issue.
So I am happy with Callisto, outstanding price/quality ratio.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I apologize - by no means it's meant to be secretive and audio.bill is correct regarding the price. It is 850chf or whatever the exchange rate is for US$.

Cheers;
G

nortberg

Nov 25, 2018
Have had the Callisto in my headphone rig now for well over a month and without getting into hyperbole I find it head scratchingly, mind bogglingly good. For reference, usb cables that I have had in my system in it's current state are Chord Sarum super aray, followed by a Black Cat digit which bettered the Sarum in detail retrieval and smooth, open highs, very natural sounding and highly recommended.
The Callisto builds on all those attributes and creates a huge open and detailed soundfield with a light shone into the far corners. Great layering and spatial effects along with sound stretching out in all directions. Special mention is the wonderfully weighted low frequencies. No doubt there will be a usb cable out there that will better it but I wager you will have to spend quite a bit more to get there.
Funny really as I wasn't looking for a new usb but so glad on a whim I took that chance.
Goran has been pleasure to deal with and answered all my questions promptly.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH

christoph

Dec 12, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Yucca

Nov 19, 2017
France
Hi Goran ;)
I should be a new (happy) tester and owner of the Callisto cable in the next weeks. Will replace a Curious USB. Will be interesting, as I had exactly the same feelings than Christian Puunter with the Curious, so the FTA should be great !

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Hi Goran ;)
I should be a new (happy) tester and owner of the Callisto cable in the next weeks. Will replace a Curious USB. Will be interesting, as I had exactly the same feelings than Christian Puunter with the Curious, so the FTA should be great !
Very much looking fw to hear your impressions JF ;)

christoph

Dec 12, 2015
Hi Goran ;)
I also own the curious cable.
Absolutely no compare. The FTA is so much better in every aspect ;)

Yucca

Nov 19, 2017
France
Do you plug the Callisto directly to your Dac, or can you improve SQ even further with an Isolator in-between ?
I have a Jcat isolator, and a "short" Curious cable (20cm), so I have the choice...

- from my PC endpoint with Jcat PCIe USB card to :
- Directstream Jr Dac direct with Callisto
or
- Curious link usb (20cm) + Jcat Isolator + Callisto

I'll certainly do both, but if someone already tried...

christoph

Dec 12, 2015
Do you plug the Callisto directly to your Dac, or can you improve SQ even further with an Isolator in-between ?
I have a Jcat isolator, and a "short" Curious cable (20cm), so I have the choice...

- from my PC endpoint with Jcat PCIe USB card to :
- Directstream Jr Dac direct with Callisto
or
- Curious link usb (20cm) + Jcat Isolator + Callisto

I'll certainly do both, but if someone already tried...
I went directly into the DAC with the FTA but after you already have all those Gadgets, I would definitely try them ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing