Furutech Digiflux NCF cables released

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Furtuech has released new digital cables with the NCF technology. Have any of you had an opportunity to use them yet? Or the older non-NCF version of the Furutech digital cables? If so, how do they compare to notable rivals? NCF has been widely appreciated in power cables and accessories but I do not see much content about signal or digital cables, either from users or reviewers. Does NCF work just as good in signal cables as it does in the high-power products? Unfortunately, I haven't had any experience with the Digiflux NCF yet, but perhaps somebody has ;) The Digiflux NCF is not even listed yet on my local distributor's site. I currently use a DIY cable using Furutech's silver cable plus the new CF-102 NCF RCA plugs. At first, it sounded pretty much awaful, but then, after extensive break-in, it sounds quite good. Notable features: powerful but controlled low end, neutral mids, no trace of harshness in the highs. But honestly I do not have much experiience with diital cables, to say the least... In Poland, people are giving rave reviews to the Transparent Reference XL, I wonder how it would compare to Furutech, which I find often represents good value overall.
Hello

I am waiting mine....

Best regards

Thanh-Binh

Reactions: Piotr_905

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I receive it today.
It's a fabulous cable, better than Digiflux XLR, there is no doubt.
I will sell my Furutech Lineflux XLR to buy Furutech Lineflux XLR .

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I rediscovered my CDs last night until midnight. You either like it or you don't. Compared to the Furutech Digiflux AES, it brings much more nuances and the interpretation is different from the other cable. Overall, there is more detail highlighted, especially on discrete instruments (triangle). The different voices are very distinct, much more so than with the old cable. For example, the chorus is present as much as the main voice while respecting the sound planes and the space occupied by the different voices. This is quite surprising and amazing. Frankly, given the difference between the connectors, and given the price difference, it is better to go for the NCF plugs. The voice tones are more subtle as you can hear the different intonations of the voice. This is the first time I've heard Mariah Carey sing like this. I'll have to listen to my Mariah Carey records again. I'm thinking of changing my Furutech Lineflux XLR cables now by Furutech Lineflux XLR NCF.

Piotr_905

VIP/Donor
Oct 28, 2020
I rediscovered my CDs last night until midnight. You either like it or you don't. Compared to the Furutech Digiflux AES, it brings much more nuances and the interpretation is different from the other cable. Overall, there is more detail highlighted, especially on discrete instruments (triangle). The different voices are very distinct, much more so than with the old cable. For example, the chorus is present as much as the main voice while respecting the sound planes and the space occupied by the different voices. This is quite surprising and amazing. Frankly, given the difference between the connectors, and given the price difference, it is better to go for the NCF plugs. The voice tones are more subtle as you can hear the different intonations of the voice. This is the first time I've heard Mariah Carey sing like this. I'll have to listen to my Mariah Carey records again. I'm thinking of changing my Furutech Lineflux XLR cables now by Furutech Lineflux XLR NCF.
Thank you for sharing your listening impressions! I'm glad you like the new cable. It looks like Furutech knows what they are doing when they introduce a new product. Somebody said earlier that NCF is like cocaine for audiophiles :)

thyname

Apr 22, 2019
N. Virginia
Help me understand the Furutech lines... for Digital (AES / EBU): Is the Digiflux-NCF higher up than Digi Reference III? Thanks. Any idea for the retails pricing in US? Thank you

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing