Furutech NCF AC Plugs: Gold vs Rhodium Reviewed!

It is not easy to do this, I have discovered. I had to order Cardas cables with special-order (and less expensive) connectors to avoid rhodium.

Iconoclast Belden BAV power cable connectors do not use any rhodium, Bob Howard reported.

Marty gave me the ingredients for Dave Cahoon to assemble a couple of power cables with rhodium-free Furutech components.
There are lots of top tier cables that don't use Rhodium plated connectors. None of the cables in my system - top tier models from Allnic, Echole, Hemingway Audio, Lessloss, Shunyata, Verastarr, and custom Double Helix came with Rhodium plated connectors.

Reactions: Ron Resnick
The issues with rhodium come from unfortunate combinations of rhodium and other materials.

Those who actually try an all-rhodium approach never say the kind of things you guys are saying right now. All rhodium can actually result in a relaxed, lower-fatigue sound.

I've actually solved the kinds of issues you guys are talking about by getting rid of gold. If everyone had all-rhodium plating and you introduced gold as something new, people would see gold the same way you see rhodium.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu