Grandioso K1X - the two Esoteric "Revolutions" installed!

CKKeung

Jun 18, 2011
Hong Kong
It's debuted at the Hong Kong High-End Audio & Visual Show 2019 today.

Both the two new "Esoteric Revolutions" of VDRS-Atlas and resistor-arrays dac section are installed.
MSRP is ¥2.8M

The gold colour version looked gorgeous!

181716o8xhpssjhjte8feu~2.jpg

Its brochure to share :

(From http://www.avcat.jp/)

:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 18, 2011
Hong Kong
There are two DC input sockets.
For future optional external psu?
Will ask the HK dealer at the Show today.

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Nice to see Esoteric making efforts to improve what they have. I will be interested in reviews as I use a disc player when not listening to vinyl lp.

My Ayre C5xe is getting long in the tooth. I have a backup transport. After that it’s Spectral, EMM Labs or Esoteric.

Jan 21, 2018
I am also very interested in this unit ( the P1X / D1x is quite a thing!) Too bad that only Esoteric is still interested in improving in CD/SACD gear...

brodricj

Mar 13, 2016
It's debuted at the Hong Kong High-End Audio & Visual Show 2019 today.

Both the two new "Esoteric Revolutions" of VDRS-Atlas and resistor-arrays dac section are installed.
MSRP is ¥2.8M

The gold colour version looked gorgeous!

View attachment 55831
What do you mean, gold color version? It's the standard Esoteric Grandioso finish, no? Or, you mean the gold color trim on the tray facia is new?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
any idea on how this new Grandioso disc player might compare to your MSB Select transport?

obviously you have a separate dac so it's not really a fair compare, but it would be interesting to know the difference.

CKKeung

Jun 18, 2011
Hong Kong
Hello Mike,
I guess a more appropriate comparison should be the new Esoteric P1X & D1X vs MSB Ref stack or Select stack.

The Esoteric K1X sacd player got only coaxial & aes/ebu spdif digital outputs.
If acting as a cd transport, its spdif digital outputs must be way inferior to the ES-Link of Esoteric P1X and the ProISL or ProI2S of MSB, bcos the two latter connections are adopting I2S config.

Anyway the sound character of Esoteric digital components in the past are not my cup of tea.
I only briefly listened to P1X & D1X and noticed that they are warmer/richer than the previous editions.
I shall try to arrange auditioning them more seriously in future.
:)

Aug 30, 2012
I gave my K1 Mu metal ( shielding ) treatment on all 4 of the power transformers, along with a few other mods... Made a big improvement. Looks like the new K1x has the same 4 transformers , and no shielding...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing