Harbeth Monitor 40.2

thomh

Jul 4, 2019
Hi Tom,

I have the same BenchmarkMedia devices that you have and about the same room dimensions (my room is a little longer). Currently I own a pair of Harbeth SHL5+ and thinking about upgrading to 40.2. I see that there is also a 40.2 Anniversary model. Have you listened to this model? If so, what made you choose the regular 40.2 model?

Thanks for your time.

// Thom

tmallin

WBF Technical Expert
May 19, 2010
Chicagoland
No, I have not listened to the M40.2 Anniversary model. It was theoretically available when I bought my regular M40.2, but I did not want to pay the premium price for the anniversary edition since it seemed that the upgrades were relatively minor, the real added expense being the exclusive veneers. See The Absolute Sound report from Paul Seydor who has listened to both. He seems the hear the regular 40.2 the way I do, so I put some trust in his judgment about the Anniversary Edition as well. You will have to decide for yourself whether the sonic/cosmetic differences are worth the added price. https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/harbeth-monitor-402-40th-anniversary-edition-loudspeaker/

Genkifd

Apr 20, 2019
recently had a chance to listen to a pair of 40.2 powered by Accuphase E370 and also Luxman separates. All i can say is these speaker may one day be my end game speakers also. the Luman sounded great but the Accuphase sound little better. you cant go wrong with either.

the amount of detail, separation, deep bass is just enormous. best of all never sounding too harsh.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing