Has being an audiophile changed the way you view the quality of other things?

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
She
Wait until you drive it. It’s so next level I have trouble describing it.
She's not close but is bringing it over on Boxing Day lockdowns permitting.

Even a Model 3 Performance is impressive though they don't handle as well as my Boxster.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
She

She's not close but is bringing it over on Boxing Day lockdowns permitting.

Even a Model 3 Performance is impressive though they don't handle as well as my Boxster.
I have been underwhelmed with the fit and finish of the models 3's I've been in.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
I have been underwhelmed with the fit and finish of the models 3's I've been in.
Understandable and I agree, but they are cheap for the performance on offer. They also look plain average as cars. Tesla need more imagination in that department.

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
The quality of a thing is everything.

For me the world has always been about playing with ideas, creating things or modifying things. I was influenced by generations of craftsmen in my family, went to art schools and studied with master craftsman and I became an industrial designer amongst other things. So being an audiophile was simply a logical conclusion I imagine to wanting to get closer to the music.

Which came first, the egg or the chicken? Not sure.

The crown of my head is marked by a scare from me rocking out to some music on my families HiFi back when such things were incorporated in beautiful hardwood furniture and I was barely walking. Hit my head on the corner of it and needed a couple of stitches. I would argue to this day there was no brain damage but it left an indelible mark on me. I was transfigured by swing jazz music most likely. One of my dad’s records. It’s been a drive it like you stole it experience ever since. So much joy.

And yes, I love a beautifully made thing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing