HBO reportedly developing three more Game of Thrones prequels as new details emerge By Tyler Aquilina

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
HBO is eyeing a major expansion of its Game of Thrones kingdom.
Multiple outlets reported Thursday that the network is developing three prequel projects set in George R.R. Martin's sprawling fantasy world, in addition to those already rumored or announced. Deadline first reported the news.
Representatives for HBO declined to comment.
One of the prospective series — the furthest along in development, according to Deadline — is titled 9 Voyages and would focus on Corlys Velaryon, also known as the Sea Snake, who was hailed as the greatest seafarer in the history of the Seven Kingdoms. (Steve Toussaint was recently cast as the character in House of the Dragon, the only Thrones prequel series currently greenlit.) The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller, who was previously reported to be pitching Thrones spin-off ideas to HBO, is said to be developing 9 Voyages.

Another project is set about 1,000 years before the events of Game of Thrones and would follow Princess Nymeria, an ancestor of House Martell who conquered and ruled Dorne. The last is set in Flea Bottom, the King's Landing slum featured in the original series, where the poorest residents of the Westeros capital reside.
As EW previously reported, HBO is aggressively pushing to develop more series set in the world of Westeros. Other ideas in the works include a project based on Martin's Tales of Dunk and Egg novellas, and a prequel series based on Robert's Rebellion, the war for the Iron Throne that set up the events of the original series.
As noted, however, the only prequel series currently greenlit is House of the Dragon, which chronicles a civil war among House Targaryen in Westeros and is based on Martin's book Fire & Blood. The series is expected to debut in 2022.

Reactions: Drikus

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I truly wish I could say I'm looking forward to all of this... But after the ruined GOT's last couple of seasons, my expectations are for bird shit on screen.

Reactions: KeithR

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Fire & Blood is a pretty dull read, pretty much a chronicle of events with essentially no character development

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Depending on the particular story thread, at least parts of all the “main” books read like novels (to me). Martin obviously likes some of his characters better than others; I think he was surprised and a bit disconcerted to find Jon Snow so popular to TV fans

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I really hope that the quality of the dialogues, banter, character's development and the time-space management will not be a continuation of the unsatisfactory job Benioff and Weiss did last four seasons. Perhaps Heller will better understand viewer's expectations.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing