Hello from the beautiful city of Lindau in Germany

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi VinylSavor,

I was in Lindau last summer when I had dinner in Villino.
I would love to be able to visit you when I visit Lindau again in the future.

Reactions: VinylSavor

Cellindo

Oct 28, 2018
France

VinylSavor

May 15, 2018
Lindau, Germany
www.thomasmayer.li

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Thomas, pnoe and aer aside, what are the main full range speakers your clients are playing the 46 and 45 on?

VinylSavor

May 15, 2018
Lindau, Germany
www.thomasmayer.li
Thomas, pnoe and aer aside, what are the main full range speakers your clients are playing the 46 and 45 on?
Hi!

My amps are used with a wide variety of speakers some of them are (no particular order, just those which come to my mind)

Avantagarde Acoustics
Focal Utopia
Cessaro
PureAudioProject
Azzolina
Haigner
Goto
JBL Everest
Voxativ
Altec
Lumen White
Wolf von Langa
Tannoy
Klipsch

Also various rather 'mainstream brands' like B&W, Sonus Faber and various DIY or custom made speakers.

I am sure I forgot quite a few

Thomas

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Yes I was referring to the lowest 1 and 2 watt ones.

Btw, if someone wanted more power like 7 watts with the 46, does a push pull or class B sound good at all or is one better of focusing on a different tube

VinylSavor

May 15, 2018
Lindau, Germany
www.thomasmayer.li
Yes I was referring to the lowest 1 and 2 watt ones.

Some people use low wattage amps with rather insensitive speakers. Listening habits are very different. For example the Lumen White I mentioned is used with a 300B amp with 8W. Some people don't listen very loud and sit close to their speakers and don't need much power so they can use the 45 or 46 even with speakers which are considered unsuitable

Btw, if someone wanted more power like 7 watts with the 46, does a push pull or class B sound good at all or is one better of focusing on a different tube
To get ore power from he 46 requires Class B operation which is very different. I have not tried it and would not expect it to perform anywhere close to the Class A amps. I always recommend to use the appropriate tube rather than prying more power from low power tubes by Class B operation or paralleling many of them

VinylSavor

May 15, 2018
Lindau, Germany
www.thomasmayer.li

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Beautiful indeed.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Another peek into the workshop: A pair of 300B mono blocks using silver wound on finemet cores interstage and output transformers. These are the signal units, power supplies in the same style still to be finished. All black this time. More on my blog : https://vinylsavor.blogspot.com/2020/08/the-black-300b-mono-amplifiers-part-1.html

View attachment 67912

Gosh very sexy looks.

Thomas - your thoughts on the silver Finemet transformers in terms of sonics versus the silver Lundahls and versus the Tangos?

Best.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing