Hello from Vancouver

ianmedium

Jul 2, 2013
Vancouver BC
Thanks so much for having me here. I have been into HiFi and music since the late sixties ( as a very young child I have many memories of listening to my cousins reel to reel system)
I was born in the UK but have been living in Canada for the past thirteen years though am heading back to Europe to live later this year.

My system has been portable based for a number of years as I move about a lot. I have now got it refined to the point where I am done with this particular phase of my HiFi journey. A whole new one will start when I return to Europe and can at long last get a home based system once again!

For now though I am so happy with my set up, I guess it would be called "high end" in portable terms with some quite exotic components.

My source is HiFiMan's HM-801 high resolution player, Amp is a wonderful hand made creation from Japan, the company is a one man band and a young man at that making some sublime tube equipment. The company is called Analog Squared Paper and I have the TU-05 amp which is transportable, battery powered using NOS radio tubes in a SET Class A configuration, as far as I am aware its the first of its kind and it is beautiful sounding!

Headphones are either Beyerdynamic T5P/DT1350's or the wonderfully exotic Japanese made Final Audio Design Piano Forte IX's. These are horn loaded, made from stainless steel and use no tips, they just sit in the ear!
Quite mid-centric but just beautifully open sounding. They are an acquired taste but I think if you like SET amps and Horn speakers you would like these!

I get so much musical enjoyment from this set up, so musically involving and very natural sounding, I love it!

I will leave you with a picture of my set up, thanks so much once again for having me here, I look forward to contributing more over time.

L1010888.jpg

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Welcome neighbor! You live in the only city in North America that makes Seattle look ugly by comparison. We have riots because of NGOs, you guys riot about hockey; somehow seems more civilized :D

HedgeHog

Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, BC
Hiya, fellow Vancouverite (or at least, GVRD neighbour)!

Follow the audio threads and get your mind off the Canucks for a while. :(

-H

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing